Chapter 36

The next day...

The First Order and the Resistance, now known as the First Alliance were preparing a celebration in honor of the end of the war and the beginning of peace between them, though they knew that it wasn't the end, they wanted to celebrate this small victory while they could.

The leaders of the First Alliance had discussed having the party at the base, but it was Leia's idea to instead have it at the Ewok's village as she had with Luke and Han what seemed so long ago.

Everyone was preparing to set out for the village, Ben was in the hallway of the ship, pacing back and forth as he waited for Rey.

He heard footsteps behind him, and turned to see Rey walking towards him. She was wearing a simple green dress that laced up in the front. He couldn't help but stare as she approached.

She blushed at the way he was staring at her.

"You look beautiful," he whispered.

She smiled extending her hand to him.

Ben took her hand as Phasma walked up. She had traded her armor for a long black dress "does it look alright?" she asked Rey.

Rey smiled at her. "I think it looks beautiful," she answered.

"Thank you for picking it I've never been to one of these things and had no idea what to wear"

"Neither have I, but I thought that it would look beautiful on you," Rey answered.

"Thanks" she turn to Ben "do...do you think Hux will like it?" she asked blushing fiercely.

Ben smirked, "he'll love it."

She blushed harder "thank you" she said as they walked out of The Finalizer Ben and Rey hand in hand.

Hux ran up to them "hey Ben, Rey, Phas....." he trailed off his jaw hung open as he stared at Phasma

Phasma blushed softly, "is it to much?" she asked

"No... no it perfect" Hux said "for uh...a...ah...captain I mean"

"Oh" Phasma sighed "thank you"

Ben smiled. "Hux told me that he was going to escort you to the celebration," he said, even though Hux hadn't said anything of the kind.

Hux's head shot up to look to Ben, eyes glaring with a fiery passion.

"Really?" Phasma asked looking at Hux expectedly

"Uh...well yes of course," Hux said putting on a fake smile to hide his anger and blush.

"Let's go," Rey said trying to end the awkwardness.

Later, the members of the First Alliance arrived at the Ewok's village...

General Organa approached the group of Ewoks, she wondered if they still remembered her.

One approaches them looking them over, it's eyes seemed to sparkle when they landed on Leia and he ran to hug her. It was the first Ewok she had meet so many years ago, Wicket W. Warrick. He turned to say something in the Ewok language and all the Ewoks cheered coming in for a group hug.

Leia smiled, hugging them in return. "It's good to see you again," she said.

They all nodded their agreement and the celebration began. There were huge bond fires, lively music and a huge feast. The table was full of fruit, vegetables, breads and meat.

Ben looked at the meat distastefully, he had heard the stories from his parents and his uncle. So that's what happened to the scouts that went missing... he thought.

Ewok tugged on Ben's shirt and asked him a question of course Ben couldn't understand the little bear like creature and he looked down at him confused. C-3PO seeing the commotion came to translate "he asked if you don't like the food?"

"Well...I'm just a little...concerned about the meat...if you know what I mean, 3PO?" Ben answered.

"Oh...oh my... yes I see very good reason for concern sir...oh dear" C-3PO replied quite worried he then turned to Wicket as he asked what the meat was concern in his voice (as always)

"What did he say, 3PO?" Ben asked after the Ewok had replied.

"He says it's not human, lucky but I still won't trust it," then his voice rose "there's no telling what it could be."

Ben nodded. "Yeah... I'll stick to a vegetarian diet for the evening."

Rey came over to the table, she was about to take a piece of meat and put it on her plate when Ben stopped her.

"I wouldn't eat that if I were you," he said.

"Why not?" Rey asked.

"There's no telling what it might be," Ben answered.

Rey's eyes widened and she grabbed a piece of bread and some fruit instead. Ben put some fruit and bread on his plate. He smiled at Rey and she followed him as he went over to the table where his mother was sitting. He sat down in the empty seat beside her.

"I'm glad that you're back, Ben," she said.

He smiled at his mother. "Me too."