Chapter 13

Hux walked to Kylo's room and threw open the doors. "Supreme Leader you need to get up it's almost noon."

Kylo groaned and put his pillow over his head.

"Get up we have planing to do," Hux said as he took away the pillow.

He sleepily stood up and began walking towards the door.

"You need some strong coffee," Hux said following him.

Kylo nodded. "Nightmares," he answered simply.

"Do you even know what you're saying?" Hux asked.

"Yes. I had nightmares and they kept me up," he replied sounding tired.

"Oh, what about?" he said grabbing two cups of coffee from the cafeteria cart.

"I saw hundreds of star destroyers in the night, I saw the Death Star being rebuilt. Then I saw a hunched figure in a dark cloak. He had an evil cackling laugh," Kylo explained, still not completely awake. "I'm pretty sure he was Darth Sidious, he kept hitting me with force lightening and he threatened to hurt my mother and Rey if I didn't join him."

"REY who's Rey?" Hux questioned.

Kylo realized what he had said and made a dismissive gesture. "I don't know... it was a dream Hux, none of it made sense."

"But who's Rey?"

"I don't know," he repeated.

"Hmm, well how'd they look?" Hux asked.

"Uhh. I didn't see them Palpatine just said that they would die if I didn't join him," he answered, it was the truth he hadn't actually seen her in his dream.

"Well it was just a dream anyway so come on we have some changes to make," Hux said.

Kylo nodded and drunk his coffee, then he followed Hux.

"So what's the thing you want changed the most?" Hux asked

Kylo thought for a moment. "I think we should stop using fear to gain power, if we earn the loyalty of others they would be willing to do far more than they will out of fear. Besides we don't have the numbers or the weapons to intimidate anyone."

Hux nodded "true our numbers have greatly diminished"

Kylo nodded. "We need to work on rebuilding. So, is there anything that you want to change."

"The stormtroopers armor" Hux began "it would look better blood orange"

"You mean red?" Kylo thought for a moment. "That does sound like it would look cool besides we're the First Order, not the Empire."

"Yes, oh and I would like to change up the way we do the stormtrooper camp" Hux said.

Kylo nodded thoughtfully. "Anything in particular?"

"Well, like you said we shouldn't control them with fear maybe try being more like a family to them they'd probably be more loyal I wonder if that's why FN2187 lift to find that family somewhere else" Hux responded.

Kylo nodded. "That sounds like a good plan."

"Yes it does speaking of the stormtrooper camp we have over 100 kids in our base on Hoth" Hux said "what do we do about them?"

"One hundred? They're not stuck out there by themselves are they?"

"No of course not they're being trained by adults" Hux replied.

"That's good," he answered

"Yes yes it is" Hux replied.

"We should give them a choice, they can stay with the First Order if they want to, but if they don't they can go back home. It would be less likely for them to betray the order if they choose to stay," said Kylo.

"Good idea I'll send word to are base on Hoth but first is there anything else you want to change?" Hux asked.

Before he'd had a whole list of things, now he couldn't think of anything. Probably because he hadn't really slept much the night before. "Nothing comes to mind at the moment, but I'll call another meeting if something comes to mind," he answered.

"Very well Supreme Leader" Hux said.

Kylo nodded. "Perhaps you and I should go to Hoth and do something about the kids on Hoth."

Hux stood there pondering for a moment then his attention began to drift away as he looked to the door "yes yes whatever is fine" he finally said absentmindedly "excuse me I need to...see about something" Hux walked out of the door not waiting for Kylo's response.

Kylo watched him leave, thinking that it was strange for the General to behave this way, he usually loved discussing politics and strategy. It wasn't normal for him to get bored or distracted during a meeting, that was usually Kylo's job.

He must be thinking about Phasma or something, he thought silently.