Chapter 27

Hux pulled Ben out of the room "your girlfriend was staring at me."

Ben blushed. "She's not my girlfriend."

"She should be, but uh well I was wondering about Phasma..." Hux trailed off.

"Rey said that she was in the medical bay of the Millennium Falcon, I'll get Rey to take us to see her." Ben replied.

Hux smiled and nodded "I guess we should head back in so they don't think we're polting to kill them."

Ben nodded. "Good idea," he said, then he turned to go back into the room.

Poe and Finn looked at them suspiciously as they entered they saw Leia and Rey sitting beside each other, one of their hands intertwined and Leia lightly laid her head on Rey's shoulder.

"What are you two up to? Planning to kill us?" Poe asked.

"Not at all," Ben replied. Then he turned to look at Finn, Poe and the other Resistance leaders. "If you don't mind, I would like to speak to Rey and my mother alone," he said.

"If you think that I'm going to just let you be alone with Leia, you're mistaken. I don't trust you," said Poe.

"He said Leia and Rey it's not like Rey can't hold her own agen't him" Hux said drawing a line across his face where Ben had the scar.

Ben looked at him glaring slightly, then he turned back to look at the Resistance members. "I'm probably in more danger than you right now, I have no doubt that she could kill me if she wanted to."

"But I don't," Rey answered. "And the General is right Poe, I'm strong enough to fight him if I need to. But I trust him and I know that it won't be necessary."

Finn nodded "if Rey agrees, then I'm good with it."

Rey smiled at him. "Thank you, Finn."

Ben nodded to the former stormtrooper in gratitude.

Poe sighed. "Fine," he gave in.

All the Resistance had left and only Rey, Leia, Ben, and Hux remained.

Ben sat down next to his mother. "I'm sorry for... everything," he whispered.

"Your back now, that's all that matters" Leia says grabbing his hand.

Ben smiled at, gently brushing his thumb across her slightly wrinkled skin. Then he looked over at Hux and gestured for him to come over. It was time for him to be reunited with his aunt, she was the only family he had besides Ben.

Hux's eyes widened maybe he should have left with the Resistance, but he walked over anyway.

"Hux needs to tell you something," Ben said.

"Uh I'm...I...uh I'm Owen" Hux mumbled

Leia looked at him shocked unable to speak he looked so different from her nephew. Even so she smiled at him "you've grown."

Hux let out a breath he hadn't released, he had been holding and nodded.

"I hope you two have been getting along," Leia says looking from Ben to Hux.

"Yes, now that Snoke is gone," Ben replied.

Leia smiled "that's so good to hear and after all these years to find out that Owen is still alive on the same day my son returns to me, this is the best day I've had in a long time."

Ben hugged her, then he took Rey's hand. She blushed as he did so. "It is for me too," he said in a low voice.

Hux smiled then looked to Leia who was smiling widely as well.

Ben looked at his mother. "I thought you died... I was heartbroken. I would have saved the Resistance if I had known."

She reached up and touched his face "I've already forgiven you, you just have to forgive yourself."

Ben closed his eyes at the familiar touch of his childhood and allowed a single tear to slide down his cheek. Then he nodded.