Chapter 11

"Members of the First Order, I stand before you as your new and improved Supreme Leader." Kylo read in a loud voice so that everyone could hear.

Surprisingly nice, coming from Hux. He thought to himself.

"We are here to restore peace to the galaxy and by destroying the Resistance, even if they have an adorable orange and white droid, and a desert girl that you can't take your eyes off of." He spoke the words before he realized what they said. But then he realized what he had just said and he reread it to make sure that he had said the right thing. There it was written in black and white on the paper in his hand.

He turned to glare at Hux, then he continued. "I will prove to be a worthy Supreme Leader, I'm strong, brave and most importantly I have the heart and hair of a Wookiee." He paused to glare at Hux. "...unlike our last Supreme Leader who didn't have any hair."

"I can take on entire armies, destroy ships from the inside out, kill legends, but girls is one thing I can't destroy easily." He shot Hux another angry look. Hux is going to pay for this he thought.

"I have appointed new and improved admirals, captains and generals... well not generals because no one's better at it than Hux, my second in command he is the perfect choice he's very brave, smart, tactical, and above all..." he stopped seeing the next words: "babysits me during my tantrums" I'm not saying that he thought.

"Now we must restore peace so what are you doing here get off your butts..." he spoke before he could stop himself, and instantly felt slightly embarrassed, but he forced himself to continue. "...and let's find the resistance." He finished. He looked at the crowd, wishing that he could hide.

Everyone was looking at each other as if he were crazy but stared to mope out of the cafeteria before most people could leave Hux stepped up to the podium "wait please finish your lunch and while your at it why don't we give the new Supreme Leader a hand" everyone grumpily clapped.

Kylo shrunk from embarrassment. Once they had all stopped clapping he looked at Hux. "I knew you wanted to make me look stupid," he said in a low voice.

Hux smirked "on the contrary it was very nice" he said exiting the balcony.

Kylo followed him. "Very nice?" He asked. "Maybe for you, but not for me. And what's all of this about adorable droids and beautiful girls?"

"I never said beautiful, I said 'dessert girls you can't take your eyes off of' "

"Same difference," he replied.

Hux smirked "I meant it like you didn't trust her that you didn't want your prisoner to escape but I see now that's not what you think"

"Of course I don't trust her, she's too powerful. She could probably wipe out the rest of the First Order by herself before we even knew that she was here. Those are the types of people that even I must fear," he answered dismissing what Hux was implying.

"And you like that about her"

"Like what?" he asked.

"That she's a fighter not someone who cowars in the corner" Hux replied.

"Well I suppose that's an admirable trait. But look what she did to me," he pointed to the scar on his face.

"It's an improvement" Hux answered

Kylo groaned under his breath. "An improvement?"

"Plus what are you so upset about it would have been worse if you hadn't had the paper" Hux pointed out.

"What? No it wouldn't... I can come with something far better than 'I have the heart and hair of a Wookiee,' off of the top of my head."

"In front of a crowd, plus you do"

"I guess so, but seriously... you do not 'babysit me during my tantrums,' I don't have 'tantrums'" Kylo answered.

"Yes you do a lot" Hux replies.

"Well... you're the one who causes it," he answered.

"No I'm not" Hux yelled.

"Well I suppose that it was more Snoke than you," he said after a moment.

Hux looked at the floor "you know I didn't agree with anything he did but it's strange here without him"

Kylo nodded. "I heard his voice in my mind my whole life, I'm not really used to being free to make my own chooses. To be honest, I'm not sure that I know how to."

Hux looked over at him "I guess the one good thing he did when he was alive was make a family for all of us when we had none, at least the best thing he made us stay together"

Kylo nodded. "You're right."

"Well I must be going I have to scout out the defenses on the west side" Hux said "maybe tomorrow we can deuces those changes"

Kylo nodded.