🌹Chapter Twenty - Two🌹

Start from the beginning

The door opens and my mom comes inside the room with a smile on her face and a bag with store bought cake that I have started eating and I really like it. I find it strange that I'm not gaining any weight no matter how much I eat and I'm not even exercising because I don't feel like it, I really just sit in my bed under the covers this whole time.

"Hey, I went to the store and got you this" She says happily and I smile to her. My mother closes the door and then comes over. "What are you watching?" She asks when she goes under the covers with me and opens the plastic wrappings around the cake and then she takes the plates she had under the cake which I did not see before.

"Brooklyn nine-nine, it's very good" I tell her, I don't talk as much anymore but then again I've never really been the type to gossip. That was my betrayer of a friend whom I trusted but you could say we aren't friends anymore and I really shouldn't be thinking of her or what happened.

Mom cuts two slices and puts on the plates and then she puts a spoon by each slice on the plate. She hands me the plate with the bigger slice. My whole life she's been doing that, giving me the bigger slice of anything that we have. "Sounds interesting. I can watch for a little while before I need to go back again" My mother says and I smile to her.

"Oh, and I forgot to tell you that in about a week, I'm going to be hosting a gala, every year I host it in the house but I can find some other place if you don't want to have anyone here" She says. I pause the show and look at her while she's eating some cake. "I don't want you to have it anywhere else" I tell her.

My life might be a bit or a lot messed up at the moment and I might be a mess right now and my mom is helping me get back on my feet but that does not mean that she of all people should put her life on hold for me. Just because I'm hurting doesn't mean she should too. "I can stay here" I tell her.

The ballroom is downstairs and I already know of these galas that she holds every year, when I was little I used to sneak my way into them when I was supposed to be asleep but she never yelled at me or even found me and even if she did she never said so, perhaps she wanted me to be there or something.

There was one thing that I would always avoid in those galas were all the people that would want to ask me questions, like if I'm going to inherit the company, and by that they mean her company and such. As a child I was afraid to ask those questions because I already knew I did not want her company, I wanted my own company.

"You can hold that gala and if I feel like it, I can come down" I tell her with a smile, assuring her that it would be all right. People aren't allowed upstairs so I would be safe here like I always was as a child but I think the only reason the upstairs were off limit was because my bedroom is on this floor and most of the bedrooms but still not all of them.

"Like you did as a child?" She asks and raises her eyebrows at me and she has a little smirk on her face. "I used to love hearing about people talk how adorable you were when you were little and it always put a smile on my face when they said you were kind and good to them and never rude. Made me believe I raised you right" She says, and there is a smile on her face and in her eyes I can see that she's remembering.

I let out a giggle. "Mom, you raised me right, you were and have been and are the best mother anyone can ever have and I can't wish for a better mother because to me there is no better mother than you" I say and she gets tears in her eyes when I said those words and they are the pure truth.

She takes our plates and puts them on the nightstand before she captures me into a hug and I hug her back. "Thank you" She says to me and I can't help but smile and feel hot water forming in my eyes. "Also, can I help plan the gala. I'm in desperate need to do something other than lying here" I tell her.

I'm not ready to tell her about the novel that I'm writing and I don't think I ever will. I mean I don't even think I would want it to be published because most of it are things that I'm feeling and I would like to keep that to myself. "Of course, I need an assistant to help me" She tells me and we hug even tighter than before and it feels so nice.

When she breaks the hug she wipes away our tears and she hands me my plate again and we start eating. "You know, I was thinking of giving you a haircut. Your hair has gotten so long and I know how that irritates you. How about I call my friend at the hair salon to come here?" She asks me and I smile to her.

My whole life I've liked having shorter hair but only to my shoulders or slightly below since sometimes it would get too heavy and just in my way and mom always knew that. "That would be nice. I would also like to die the ends of my hair but not anything permanent, I would like hints of blue in the ends" I tell her.

"I think that would look perfect on your hair" She says and she plays with my hair that probably is a mess and it's very dirty, I can just feel it myself. "She can come tomorrow since it's already the evening and we wouldn't want to distract her. She told me she just recently got back to work after having a baby and you know. Now she has two little angels to take care of" She says.

"Really? I had no idea" I tell her. Mom's friend at the hair salon is something that I don't particularly know very well but I like her, she was always so nice to me and she used to braid my hair when she was done cutting it, since I did have hair just barely below my shoulders, the braids were smaller but I liked them.

"But, I suggest you take a shower before" She tells me and we both Brutus out laughing. She's not wrong. I stink and my hair is so dirty that I would probably scream if I saw how my hair looks in the mirror and believe me, I would. "Yeah, I think that is true" I say and we both continue to laugh and then we watch while we continue eating the cake with smiles on our faces.