C29

☀️Sunny pov

We rode our into the boonies for like 45 minutes.

"I thought we were going to get food" I said.

"We are bae. Just relax and ride" he said kissing my hand.

We pulled into the driveway of a big ass house. Some shit you'd see on tv. I watched the door open and out stepped Keenans mom Anette and his daughter Chaney.

I was so excited to meet them I hopped out and ran to the door.

I embraced Ms. Anette like id known her forever. She hugged me back and we stood there rockin like old friends. After we let go I kneeled down and picked up Chaney. She was Keenans only child . She was four but I swear she was so smart you'd think she was double her age. I picked her up and swung her around . She laughed and giggled and then saw her daddy and started pushing to get down. I let her down and she went running to him. I loved how he loved her.

We went into the house and instantly I smelled collard greens. My stomach started growling. I followed Ms Anette to the kitchen because I hungry as hell. She had set it out. Collards with turkey necks, fried pork chops, grilled steaks, baked macaroni, pinto beans with fatback , cornbread, and my favorite a lemon upside down cake. Oh my god my mouth was watering.

"I told you. Best soul food in the city" keenan said walking up behind me and kissing my cheek.

Ms. Anette gave me the wide eye before she winked and smiled.

"Ooooooh. Daddy I want a kiss too" Chaney said.

He walked over and picked her up tickling her and planting kisses on her little cheeks.

"Son can you go up the road and get me a few lemons so I can make some lemonade please. Make sure you get some good ones please" Ms. Anette said.

"Ok mama" keenan said before heading to the front and out the door. Chaney was on his heels so I assume he took her with him.

"So I finally get to meet my future daughter in law in the flesh. How's it going baby" she asked.

"Good. Great. Ms. Anette I just gotta thank you. You raised a wonderful man. The past few months with him have been the best moments of my life" I said.

"Well thank you. Lord knows I did my best and it wasn't easy but I'd like to think I did a good job with that boy"

"You did an amazing job. That man is everything" I said smiling hard.

"Well if I didn't know any better I'd think I saw love in your eyes. That's the same look I had when I met keenans father" she said.

Keenans father was killed in Keenans junior year of high school. He was robbed , shot and left for dead in an empty lot.

"Welllll. I'm not sure yet. But it's definitely moving that way."

"Well I tell you what. You're already my daughter in law. My son never talked about no girl as much and he never ever brought no girl home. So you must be the one" she said.

We talked for a little while more before keenan came back with the lemons in one hand and Chaney held up in the other, asleep.

I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Ima go lay her down. Be right back then I'll give you a tour" he said.

He was back in five minutes and we went on a tour of the house. It had nine bedrooms and ten bathrooms. An indoor and outdoor pool. A basketball court, a gym, a theater room, and the closets were humongous.

"I love this house" i said as we walked from the garage filled with cars into the back of house.

"Yeah. Me too" he said.

We sat on the back patio talking about everything until Ms Anette came and got us to eat.

"Where's the twins" I asked referring to Keenans sisters.

"They had classes today and tomorrow so they stayed on campus" Keenan said.

After dinner we took a romantic stroll down to a lake a half mile back from the house. It was beautiful the way the stars lit up the water. So peaceful.

"So you have fun today" he asked.

"Hell yea. I love your mom and little Chaney. I feel like I've known them forever."

"I'm sure they love you too. Mama talk about you nonstop" he said.

"Really. What she say"

"Well mostly that I better not fuck up or she gone fuck me up. And calling you her daughter in law. She got us married already"

"Yea I know. She told me I was her daughter in law already."

"And what you say" he asked with a raised brow.

"Nothin. But it doesn't sound too bad to me" I said honestly.

"Really" he said shaking his head. "That's something to think about"

We walked back inside and I realized it was almost ten. Chaney had gone to bed and Ms Anette was in the living room watching tv.

"Keenan. I had fun but I think I should be getting back to my room. We got a full day tomorrow" I said.

"You can sleep here baby" Ms Anette said. "I don't like all that driving when it's so dark out"

"Ummmm well" I hesitated.

"He got nine rooms girl pick you one and get some shut eye. I'll make sure he don't bother you" she giggled.

"Ok I guess so. Keenan can you show me to a room please" I asked.

I kissed Ms.Anette goodnight and we headed upstairs. He put me in the bedroom a few doors down from his. It had a bathroom in it so I was excited I could take a nice bath.

He brought me soap, a toothbrush and toothpaste and a tshirt and a new pair of boxers. I took my bath and laid down. Before I knew it I was knocked out sleep.