Chapter 12

*Jacob's POV*

Damien is a very comfy chair

We've been sitting in the living room for a while, me on Damien's lap with Ryder sitting on the floor right next to us. They were very excited to introduce me to a bunch of "classic movies", especially since I'd seen exactly none of them. They started with some movie called The Conjuring, but that quickly ended as it left me in a pile of tears.

After that, they seemed to pick whatever I might like. I've now seen The Little Mermaid, Zootopia, and Tangled. We're currently watching Ratatouille and it's probably the highlight of my life. It's the best movie I've seen all day. I mean, I love cooking, and so does the rat! We've both been called disgusting vermin, and yet he doesn't get upset by it. Instead, he finds someone who wants to be around him and he makes his dreams come true.

I've been so enraptured by Collette's angry-rant that I forgot there was a world outside of the screen. However, when the big clock in the hallway announced that it was 7:00, that illusion.

Ryder stands up and gives a big stretch. When he does so, his shirt rides up so that I can see a bit of his torso. Just as nice as Damien's.

Luckily, I averted my eyes before Ryder caught me. He gave that big smile that always makes my day better. 

"Come on, Sweetheart. Let's go get you some food." He reaches his arms out to grab me, but I push myself into Damien instead.

"But I wanna watch the rat cook! I wanna see the end!" I whine. "Besides, I already ate a big meal today. I don't need to eat again for at least two weeks."

The smile goes away. Dangit. Damien stirs behind me, and I can feel the vibrations from him talking through my back. "Love, you're supposed to eat 3 times a day. We know you aren't used to that, so we let you skip lunch, but you have to eat something." With that, Damien picks me up and drags me to the kitchen. I guess Remi has to wait for tomorrow.

------------------------------------------

After being half force-fed mac-n-cheese, we all said goodnight and went to sleep. Of course, after the boys tucked me into the bed, I crawled into the same corner as last night. The bed is still too luxurious for me. 

When I woke up, I immediately looked out of the window. There was a big white curtain in front of it, but the sunshine went through the lovely fabric with ease. The floral embroidery on the curtain made the shadow have beautiful twists and turns on the floor. What a nice way to wake up. 

I put on a big sweatshirt that goes to my knees, and some jeans and head downstairs. Damien and Ryder must still be asleep. 

Oh, my Goddess! That means I can finally cook them something! I have missed cooking, and I want to impress them with some great food. I run to the kitchen as fast as my legs can carry me.

What do I make?

I decide on making a standard breakfast: eggs, sausage, pancakes, and toast. However, I'm going to make it the best! Over about an hour and a half; I scratch-make blueberry pancakes; I cook the sausages in a mixture of parsley, garlic, onion, salt, and some other stuff; and make beautiful shirred eggs with tomato, cheese, and a bunch of seasoning. It was kind of difficult, only because I didn't know where things were and sometimes the things I needed were high up and I had to climb on the counters. When I finally finished sometime around 8:50, I felt something was missing, and chopped up some fruit for a simple fruit salad. 

I took out two plates and, very precisely, layed out my creation to be as beautiful as possible. I even set the table with placemats and silverware (not actual silver, as that would obviously end badly) and everything!