"I thought I made it pretty clear the other night that I don't read", she'd push the book back to Chloe, feeling a slight nervousness at Chloe's persistence to get her to read in front of her.

"Come on Beca, please?", the redhead then pushed the book slowly back to Beca, locking her eyes with the soccer player as she'd playfully bat her eyelashes.

Beca groaned as she moved her SnapBack again to frustratingly run her fingers through her hair before slamming her hand down to land on top of the book. "Okay fine, but only cause those eyes of yours are very convincing", she'd look away while opening the book now to the first page.

"One of my many talents", Chloe proudly smiled and sat up straighter in her seat as she'd read over the notes she had already made. Out of the corner of her eye, while trying to concentrate, the redhead would notice Beca fidgeting and the deep focused look on the brunette's face, mixed with the creases of confusion across her forehead. "What's wrong?"

"Huh?", Beca snapped her eyes back to the beautiful cheerleader, "Oh.. nothing, I just-"

"B-Beca.. you can.. read, right?"

Beca smirked casually, shrugging her shoulders as she'd look away. "Yeah, of course, I just don't like doing work"

"Beca", she didn't believe her as Chloe crossed her arms and continued to watch Beca, who had started to chew on her bottom lip now. "I don't mean can you read, but do you have trouble with reading?"

"What if I did? Would it matter? Either way I don't like doing homework, Beale", becoming protective and hating that her secret was out in the open to the one person she didn't want to look weak in front of. "Nothing can change it"

"If you tell your teachers then they can help-"

"No, no, don't you dare tell anyone about this, I mean it", she leant in closer, resting her arm on the back of Chloe's chair.

"You haven't told anyone?", the cheerleader whispered back, locking eyes with the deep blues once again.

Beca shook her head, sighing, "The only person that knows is Stacie. I can't deal with the pity looks and being treated different by people and she knows that which is why it's not a big deal"

"But this is a big deal", Chloe growled, "You get in trouble in English all the time for not doing work, if Miss Bryce knew about it, I'm sure she'd want to help instead of putting you in detention all the time"

"Or she would just see it as another excuse for me to not do any work", she shrugged her shoulders, mentally giving up, "Face it Chlo, no one expects me to get good grades and do all of this work so why bother changing that"

"Well, at least let me help you", the redhead placed her hand on top of Beca's.

"Why would you want to do that?", she'd whisper back, embarrassed slightly but mostly relieved and feeling as if a weight had been taken off of her shoulders.

"Because I care about...", Chloe froze for a second as she let her eyes gaze back and forth between the soccer star's eyes and lips that seemed to be moving closer by the second, "about my grades", she'd clear her throat and lean back a little, increasing the distance once more between the two of them.

"Whatever you say Beale", Beca silently celebrated as she noticed the way that Chloe's breathing had slowed down, but the blush became more obvious across her neck and cheeks.

"Every time we have a study date, I'll help you with some reading and then we can vocalise our ideas for the essay", Chloe smiled and looked back at her notes, noticing the time on her phone as it would flash with a message. "I've got to head to practice, but I'll see you later?", she'd start to quickly pack away.