🌹Chapter Eighteen🌹

Start from the beginning

I finish everything that I need to do and when I ready and I head out of my office where Alexander is waiting for me. When he sees me exit my office a smile forms on his face. "Sorry for keeping you waiting for long" I mumble, not even knowing what to say to him. I don't know why but I'm feeling quite nervous and the butterflies in my stomach aren't helping my case either.

Oh, come on, Rose, you know him and you've been to dinner with him before which means that you shouldn't be feeling this way. I'm not even sure what is happening to my body. "Don't worry, I did not wait long" He assures me and together we head for the elevator and the strangest thing happened to me that has happened before.

While we're in the elevator it seems to go slower and that really does confuse me. I know that the elevators in my building are a lot faster so it doesn't even make any sense that it feels like it's going a whole lot slower. Why does that even happen? "You don't have to be nervous, Rose" Alexander says and I try my hardest not to blush, if that is even possible.

"I'm not nervous" I tell him but we both know that is a lie. He turns to face me. "I really do mean it when I say that I won't do anything" He says and why do I get the feeling that this sentence has a different meaning or is it just the paranoia in me speaking here? "That's good" I say awkwardly, what else was I supposed to say?

And the two of us fall into a very awkward silence which I'm not sure how to break since I have no idea what we can talk about. Soon the elevator does come to a stop at the lobby and finally, that was probably the longest elevator ride I've ever taken or at least one of the longest.

Alexander leads me to a black Lamborghini that he clearly owns and it's a different one that I've seen, it seems that he's always on a different car and judging by how many he does owns, I'm sure that is the truth. He opens the front passenger door for me and I get it and he closes the door behind me.

He gets into the drivers seat and we both put on our seat belts before he starts driving. "Now, I'm picking what restaurant we're going to and it's a new place which you've never been to before" He tells me and somehow that does sound promising but on the other hand it doesn't. "All right" I say, I'm still unsure of what I can say.

"So, how does it feel to be the most successful businesswoman in the world?" He asks me, trying to have a conversation with me. There is a lot of tension in the air around us because of everything that has happened to us. I know that I should be too furious at him and I should be yelling at him or stuff like that but I can't bring myself to do that, but that doesn't mean that I'm not angry because I sure am, after everything that he did to me.

"It feels amazing. I never knew that I would be able to do this all on my own after... you know. But, there are so many people who want to tear me down" I tell him, just confessing this to him. Somehow it does feel amazing to talk to him and tell him what I feel. It's like the more I am around him the more comfortable I get.

He nods his head. "Yes, they will do that. I've learned to destroy those who defy me" Alexander says and I roll my eyes. That really does sound like him. "I know you have a lot of questions about everything and I will give them to you, at dinner" He says, answering the unasked questions that I have swirling in my mind, I think he just understood that I do have questions that need answers.

"Thank you" I tell him, not even sure for what. He lightly chuckles. "I like it when you thank me, dear Rose. I also like being around you again. Tell me truthfully, do you like being around me again?" He asks and my eyes widen. This really escalated quickly, a lot quicker than I had prepared myself for.

I think for a moment or two. "Well, it's not all bad being around you again" I tell him, he wanted me to be truthful and I was. I'm not even sure what I can answer so I just said the truth. "That's good and we're here" He says and I notice that he's correct. We've been in the car for about fifteen minutes and somehow that passed by like five.

We step out of the car and when I look up to see the restaurant name, my jaw literally drops to the ground and that is just inane. I'm speechless at this point and I have no idea how to feel, I don't even know what to say or do. The name of the restaurant is Rose and under the name is Alexander's full name.

This is his restaurant. "What is this?" I ask him, I look confused at him, even furrow my eyebrows in confusion while he just smiles brightly at me and I can see love and happiness in his eyes. "A restaurant" He says as he walks beside me. "Should be head in?" He asks and slowly I nod my head.

I can't believe that he actually named a restaurant after me, this is in incredible and strange yet I can't help but feel my heart yearn for him more than it has. He always manages to impress me, no matter what he does and it makes it very hard to stay mad at him through all of the good thing he does for me.

Together we head into the restaurant and instantly the smell of food hits me when we do enter. "This is amazing" I whisper to myself as everything here is so elegant and beautiful. I also notice on one wall that it has five stars. How did I not know of this place before?

Everything in here is something that I like. My favorite colors are the themes and there are white roses all over the place and it brings the restaurant to life. Alexander and I walk past the line and he leads me to a door that has Rose Ace written on it. "What is this?" I ask him, referring to the door with my name on it.

"This room is only for you to enter with anyone you'd like or more importantly me" He says and smirks at me while I giggle. The room we enter is big but not too big. It does have a large table in the middle but it also has a booth that is only for two people. Alexander takes me over there and we sit down and a hamburger that I'm familiar with is on the table along side something that he likes which is steak.

We sit down and I keep looking up at him in confusion and then down at the food and I just can't make any sense of this whole thing. "Rose, stop thinking and just eat" He tells me and I can't help but smile to Alexander before I begin eating the hamburger. "Now, I believe it is time for me to answer all the questions you have, no matter what they are" He says and this is the moment that I will hear the truth.