Shouta Aizawa × Reader: Flowers

Start from the beginning

You and Shouta had been friends since childhood. Watching Shouta grow up was one of the many amazing things in your life that you wouldn't trade for anything. You remained friends all through highschool and afterward...you got transferred.

You were moved to a different part of Japan, far away from UA, Shouta and the others. This was the first time you had seen him since.

He had grown, his figure now loomed over your own as you took on his appearance. Scruff lined his jaw and above his upper lip, while his dark hair fell a bit farther down on his shoulers. You looked into his deep colored eyes that were still filled with the same mysteries as all those years ago.

Your hand rested on his face, being slightly pricked by the short hairs on his chin. "Your face hasn't changed." He said looking in your eyes. Taking in a deep breath you smirked. "Is that a bad thing?" You said rubbing your thumb across his cheek. His hands wrapped around your body as he pulled you into a soft embrace.

"Not at all."

You smiled into him, wrapping your arms atop his shoulders. He put his face in the crook of your neck and sighed. You two had always been close, no matter who you both dated or where you went, you were always there for one another.

There was so much Shouta never got to say to you. He gripped you tighter. So much had happened, a lot he didn't want to admit because he knew you wouldn't be proud of.

Especially the drinking.

"Shouta. Are you okay?" You asked trying to pull away but to no avail as he only held onto you tighter.

Thoughts rushed through his brain. How could he tell you that he began to drink after you left? I mean, he wasn't a RAGING alcoholic, but he had so many emotions after you left, he just tried to blind them so he could focus on his work.

"There is so much that has happened." He said in a melancholy voice. You played with his hair that smelt like lavender, curling it inbetween your fingers as you listened to him.

"(Y/n) I...I drink." He felt your hands stop and your breath hitch. "Why?" You asked adjusting your stance. "After you left I didn't know what to do. So I turned to the only thing I knew that could help me focus-"

You wiggled out of his grasp and stepped back. His arms limply fell back to his sides while he watched as your eyebrows were furrowed together in confusion.

"I-I. Why?" You asked once again with frustration. "You could have talked to me, or called me or something Shouta!" You said pacing in a circle. "(Y/n) I'm sorry..." he said.

"Shouta you know what that stuff did to my dad, I don't want it to happen to you!" Your voice rose for a moment and then you quickly toned it down.

This wasn't how you planned your reuinion with him to go. His head was lowered as the bell rang for school to begin. You wanted to say more, but you didn't have time, it would have to wait until later. Shouta opened the door to head back to his class downstairs. "It is good to see you again (Y/n). I missed you."

"I missed you too." You muttered stuffing your hands in your pockets. With a sigh Shouta left and closed your door, you stood in your place for a moment as the chattering of children began to fill the halls.

The day seemed to fly by and the next day began. You hadn't seen Shouta which relatively bothered you, you wanted to let him know what you were thinking and just talk through it all. It was hard for you as well once you left. He wasn't there anymore and it pained your heart to be apart from him.

"Alright class today we will be going outside for warm-ups then doing some field training."

"Ms. (L/n)?" One of your students raised their hand. "Yes?" You said. The class exchanged questioning glances as the student asked:"We don't have our updated hero outfits yet. How are we supposed to make sure we don't overwhelm ourselves?"