15. matter

It was the morning and idols were getting ready inside the venue where The Fact Music Awards would be held. And because this was author-nim's book, they decided to pull The FMAs before Valentine's day.

Meanwhile, Y/N was writing in Chaeyoung's notebook, and in her other hands, her phone that had a picture of the Greatest Showman in it.

"What are you doing?" Chaeyoung sat down beside her.

"Well Jonghyun told me all about these people he met when he went to the west and Europe over the last year." Y/N smiled.

"There was a large woman but man, her octaves were just as high as Mariah Carey's, and there this small small man but man he could dance." Y/N smiled.

"The more I visit SM, it felt really refreshing you know, but it still doesn't compare to JYP." Y/N said.

"What?" Chaeyoung asked and the girls stop looking at them.

"Oh, well um, Jonghyun has been my mentor, his wish for me was to invent one of the greatest vocalists of our time, but I don't believe I'll be as great as him." Y/N shakes her head with a small smile.

"Don't worry, you'll be better than him for sure." Chaeyoung pats her back to comfort her.

"I should debut in a co-ed with Tae-O, Tae-O's been really popular these days in SNS. I feel like our concept is just a little bit of everything, cute, sexy, dark, girl crush, boy crush." Y/N said confusing everybody in the room.

"Boy crush?" Jihyo asks.

"Well girl crush is making girls like female idols so there should be a boy concept that makes guys like male idols, it isn't gonna be a mature sexy concept but neither is it cute or innocent, it's more like a boy next door combined with bad boy vibes." Y/N shrugged.

"What concept would be most popular for guys?" Jeongyeon asks.

"Some of Seventeen's songs would be really good, like Don't Wanna Cry or Home." Y/N smiled.

While Y/N went on her phone, she looked up and saw Sana checking her out while she was having her hair done.

Y/N chuckled shaking her head before looking back down and continued surfing on her phone.

From Mina : Y/N?

To Mina : Mina unnie, we're sitting right beside each other

Y/N smiled shaking her head in disbelief as she turned her head to the left and looked at Mina typing on her phone.

From Mina : do you know how to change light mode to dark mode?

Y/N chuckled and then sets her phone down.

"Let me." Y/N said grabbing Mina's phone as she panicked but was too shy to grab it from her.

Y/N then slides up the screen before tapping and holding onto the brightness slider before turning it to dark mode. Mina sighs in relief seeing Y/N didn't look at her home screen which was a fan picture of Y/N when she was arriving at a broadcast station.

"I gotta go for a sec, take a number one." Y/N said standing up and stretching as she stepped out.

"Me too." Sana said and then followed Y/N out.

"Sana?" Y/N asks as Sana walked beside her and they walk inside the bathroom.

"This is the only time I can do this." Sana then pulled Y/N into a kiss as Y/N's eyes widened but they close right after.

"Ahem." Mina then walked inside the washroom as Y/N pulled away immediately.

"Seems like my partner for the duet is currently locking lips with another partner." Mina growled and walked away.

"Unnie." Y/N then walked out and then walked beside her.

"What's wrong with me kissing her?" Y/N asked her and Mina stopped before turning around.

"2 minuets until rehearsal let's go ladies!" Yongjin said and the two of them rush to the stage as they get set up and the other girls follow them to watch.

The rehearsal between them really just looked like the actual scene from the movie where they knew Y/N tried to fix things but Mina wasn't going to let it happen.

The song ends and so Mina immediately walks off stage as Y/N sighed and then walked up to the girls.

"She'll understand." Sana said.

"You too." Jihyo looked at her.

——

The show was finally on and Y/N sat down with Chungha and Sulli as they sat near the girl groups.

Y/N kept looking over the girls, especially Mina and Sana, and all of the girls occasionally took glanced of the younger girl.

As performances and awards were given. The MCs continued to talk.

"Y/N!" Jinyoung of GOT7, one of the MCs called as the arena bursts into screams and the camera pans to Y/N as she laughed putting her head on Chungha's shoulder and waved shyly.

The cute moment made every idol smile in awe of the girl and even the most cold hearted, Chanyeol, Suga and Tzuyu smiled.

"Saranghae! I'm rooting for your debut!" He said before doing a finger heart and Y/N laughs louder before sending a heart back.

The moment came when it was Mina's and Y/N's stage together.

Y/N wore P.T Barnum's and Phillip's stage costume and Mina wore a costume that was just as extravagant and bright.

To the fans, it was fan service but to every idol in the arena, they all suspected the tension between the two that would of course spark rumours.

The chorus hits and by now Y/N started singing along and it was visible to everyone.

"Say that the world could be ours, tonight.." Y/N caressed Mina's cheek as she pulled it away seeing it wasn't part of the choreo before continuing the dance.

The song continues and so the moment they were getting close to the end, Mina was on the verge of tears but held them in.

"You know I want you.." Mina sang softly, since the two didn't have mics, their voices wouldn't be heard. The two walked close to eachother.

"It's not a secret I try to hide." Y/N holds Mina's hand raising it up slightly.

"But I can't have you.." Mina looks down and Y/N puts her head back up.

"We're bound to break but my hands are tied.." Mina cups both of Y/N's cheeks and the song ends as the lights turn off causing a massive cheer from the audience and idols.

Mina runs backstage and Y/N followed after her. Mina hugs her immediately before pulling away.

"We'll talk about this tomorrow.." Mina said before walking away.

——

Back home, it was silent, Y/N and Mina didn't say a word to each other nor did Y/N say anything to the girls either.

She went straight to bed and left the other girls still awake while Y/N had countless of thoughts rummaging through her head that would disrupt her peaceful rests.