19: Ambushed

“Well aren’t you looking perfectly cute today?” Aiden beamed at me as he barged into my bedroom only seconds after I’d pulled on my shirt.

“And aren’t you sickeningly cheerful?” I retorted.

He grinned brightly and flung himself on my bed as he stretched out across it making himself at home. “I don’t see why people bother making their beds.” he grumbled as he ran his hands over my neatly made bed. “They are just going to get messed up again.”

“I can’t wait till our moms are back.” I commented with an evil grin as I loomed above him. “You’ll be so dead for what you’ve let happen to your side of the house.”

“No I won’t.” he sat up quickly and started tugging on the edge of my shirt, stretching it out which he knew I hated. “You’ll clean it before they get back.” He smirked as I failed at getting his hands off of my damn shirt. “You were left in charge after all.”

“I’m always left in charge.” I grumbled finally resorting to pinching his wrist tightly between my fingers to get him to let go. But the damage had been done. He’d stretched the hem of my shirt and now it puckered up where he’d been tugging at it. “Oh just great!”

He snickered and laid back across the bed. “You should just wear my jersey.” as I looked down at him with my lips pursed and eyes narrowed he smirked his patented Aiden smirk. “Shane will get so jealous he’ll tear it off of you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh grow up.”

Aiden closed his eyes tilting his head back as he moaned. “Oh Shane!”

I laughed and shook my head before pulling my shirt over my head and off of my body. “You’re a little too good at that Aiden. Do you guys practice that? Or is it natural after all the time you footballers spend handling balls?”

“Whatever.” he grumbled.

I pulled on a shirt and adjusted it on my body before turning to him. “All right mister ‘we have to get there early’ are you actually ready?”

He hopped to his feet and hung his arm over my shoulder as he shot me a smirk. “Baby I thought you’d never ask.”

Oh did that boy drive me crazy! I shrugged off his arm and pulled up my hair into a loose ponytail before striding out of my room and bounding down the stairs to the front door. As per usual I snagged his keys off of the holder and pushed through the door and into the early morning air. My phone went off in my pocket and I pulled it out before getting into his car and settling down, prepared for the ritual half hour waiting period before Aiden would finally join me.

“Hey there bitemark.” Cas’s voice greeted me the second I picked up.

Though I was smiling I asked “Still with the crappy nickname?”

“You get to call me Cas.” he pointed out. He was right I hadn’t consulted him before giving him that nickname.