~24~

(Colby's POV)

Today's the day. We actually get to bring Xepher and Brennen home... That sounds crazy to actually say. Yes our parents will probably kill us after, but with how excited I am I can't seem to care.

Everyone is still sleeping which is kinda annoying, I feel like we should all be jumping off the walls, I mean come on this is our first serious spell. Then again the sun is barely coming up so I should probably calm down.

Jake filled us in last night on how going to the messagers yesterday went, apparently they hardly questioned it seeing as who our parents are. Let's just hope it worked, all seven of us have to do the spell at the exact same time for it to work. So if they didn't get that note... well they won't even know it's happening today.
Ugh stress no, this is supposed to be a day of celebration, no stress.

I wince when someone's fingers start poking me in the side. I look down from where me and Sam are laying on the couch to see Jake now awake, of course being the corporate of all the poking.

"You excited? Not only do we get to break some rules, we get to accomplish what we set out to from the beginning," he speaks out, sleep still taking over his voice.

"Yeah man, I can't wait to start honestly. What do you think it's going to be like?" I try to keep my voice low to not wake Sam, who's cuddled into my side.

"No idea. Rather it'll be the best feeling ever or we'll blow up, no in between I'm telling you," he snorts and rolls over to smush his face into the pillow. "Either way I'm so ready for it. I just know Brennen is going to be salty with how long it took us." I bust up laughing which sadly makes Sam start to wake up. I quickly cover my mouth trying to stop laughing, but it's useless when he sits up and glares at me.

"Sorry Sparkles... But yeah that's so true Jake, I'll literally bet that he makes a comment about it."

"About what?" Sam yawns, standing up to stretch.

"Our friend Brennen, he's a bit dramatic." Sam nods at Jake in understanding.

"Him and Colby must get along splendid then," he laughs, tossing a pillow at me playfully before strutting out of the room to the kitchen.

"You got a sassy one on your hands dude, I'd watch my back if I was you."

I shake my head at Jake's remark, "that? Oh that was literally nothing." He just smiles and nods, turning the opposite way to maybe sneak another hour of sleep in. Now the question is do I get up or do the same? The sound of metal banging comes from the kitchen so I decide to pull myself off this couch and go help Sam with whatever he's cooking.

Walking to the kitchen I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror... Ew. I quickly fix my t-shirt and hair before even daring to walk in there.

I slightly hiss at the cold steal tiles in Mike's kitchen when I step in. I mean they look pretty but it feels like I'm walking on snow.

"Isn't the stove top good enough for you?" I ask, sneaking up behind Sam to wrap my arms around him. He's bending a light beam coming from the small window above the fridge. He directs them to the pan filled with hash browns, that sits on the counter, cooking it rather fast.

"I mean yes but the more I practice precision the better I'll be for getting your friends back." He leans back to plant a kiss on the corner of my lips, before pulling back with a small smile.