~13~

(Colby's POV)

"So let me get this straight, you knew the Sun Element kid, didn't tell us that. Now you thought our neighbors best friend was him, but it wasn't, oh and also you lost the one photo that might be able to help us spot him," Jake paces across the marble floor rubbing his temples. When we got home I needed to talk about everything so obviously I spilled to Jake, he sat there with widened eyes not talking till I finished.

"Yeah... sounds about right." Honestly I'm still confused as hell, I sat there almost the entire time just staring at him trying to figure everything out.

I don't wanna like question him or anything because that's rude but I still don't understand how they're two completely different people. I even started to wonder if there is a way to get rid of the marking, I've never heard of one but who knows. Why would he want to get rid of it though? It's the biggest honor to have. But I can't keep wondering this stuff, because either he told me his name was Shawn, so even if I'm skeptical I have to go with it.

I jump when a paper plan crashes in front of me, I lean forward seeing 'Mike' wrote on the side. Jake grabs it not bothering to read the name before unfolding it, I cringe at the scratchy noise the paper makes while he opens it.

"Well, looks like we got plans for tomorrow."

~

"Soooo I kinda got some bad news for you two," Mike says the second he answers the door.

"You know how we are gonna need all the main elements for this thing you guys are trying to pull off? Well I was doing some digging to find the last one and turns out no one has seen that kid in years, kinda just disappeared," he walks into his kitchen us following. No one else is here yet so he doesn't need to be careful talking about it.

Jake looks over to me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I whisper to him. He gives me a 'come on' look like I should know. I do know, but what does he want me to do about it? As far as I know I haven't seen him since I was ten, and as for Shawn I thought about it and I don't think it's Sam, I just have no reason for why he would lie about it.

"I don't really know how we're gonna do this then..." I have never heard of a different way to open the dimension other then this, so with out Sam we're kinda done for.

"Eh we'll figure it out, I'm not too stressed about it," Mike hands us a water bottle from the fridge going back out to the living room. Right before he's about to sit the doorbell rings causing him to groan yelling to just come in, I laugh sitting next to him.

"Honey we're home!" A voice I recognize as Griffin calls. Him, Corey, and Shawn come through the door way, they immediately make themselves comfortable Griffin laying on the floor, Corey sitting in the black chair to my left, Shawn, no I don't like calling him that it doesn't fit, I'm calling him Blondie from now on. Blondie timidly came over sitting criss-cross next to me.

"Hey," he whispers awkwardly waving. I laugh and nod at him.

"Hi."

"Oh my godddd just get married already," Mike laughs throwing a pillow near us.

"There was like soooo much hidden under tone to that 'hey' 'hi', you heard it didn't you," he points at Corey to back him up.

"You know I can't disagree, I can feel the tension from over here," Corey agreed. I- we literally just greeted each other?? I notice Blondie tense up his face also heating up, I delicately poke his leg grabbing his attention. I faintly smile at him trying to get him out of his head, I mean come on it's just our friends being dumb and annoying.

My attention gets caught by Griffin when he stands harshly going to the kitchen, what's his problem? I spare the awkward boy next to me one more glance before following Griffin wanting to know what's wrong, it's kinda just in my personality to be way too nosy.

"You okay?" I lean on the counter next to him.

"Yeah, yeah I am, but I would be a lot better if you weren't flirting with my boyfriend," he smiles with obvious distaste. Wait his boyfriend? Oh you've got to be kidding me.

"I- Sorry I had no clue you guys are a thing or that he was with someone..." So great the one guy that I've found interest in forever happens to be dating my 'friend' okay I barely know Griffin but still it's messed up.

"Have been for awhile now, so now you know," he pats my shoulder walking out. What just happened?

When I go back there I don't sit back where I was because one, I feel weird about everything now, and two Griffin has now claimed that seat sitting way too close to Blondie for my liking. Blondie gives me a look as if asking why I'm over here now, I ignore him and jump into the rest of the boys conversation.

~

"Why are you ignoring me?" I do nothing more then walk faster just wanting to get home and sleep in my cozy bed, it's in this moment that I hate the fact he's always at Corey's because seeing as Corey is my neighbor we're all stuck walking home together. "Slow down giraffe legs," he gets to me now speed walking to keep up, cute. Wait no he has a boyfriend.

"Look I'm sorry I just thought maybe this was something that it clearly isn't, and I know we don't even know each other so it was dumb of me to assume." He doesn't reply to that for a minute just looking over to me confused.

"What are you even on about right now??" He whispers like that was meant to stay in his head.

"I wasn't really looking for a friend when I said you should come with us, I thought you were attractive and was planning on asking you out," this is so awkward I just need to stop talking.

"Thought and planning, why all past tense?" He pouts. I look at him like he's crazy.

"Um, I don't think your boyfriend would be too happy about it." He completely stops walking his eyebrows drawn closer like he's trying to work out a puzzle.

"Boyfriend? What are you talking about, I'm not even dating anyone." Okay that's it this boy never stops confusing the hell out of me.

"But Griffin said-"

"Griffin?" He laughs back to his normal self. "What did he tell you? I went out with him once like two years ago and now he thinks I'm his property or something, it's quite funny most of the time," he giggles. I sigh in relief, my shoulders falling now not so tense.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear that, also I have no problem with putting him in his place if you get sick of that," I laugh even though I'm not joking. He nods saying he might take me up on that offer.

With all the revolved we catch up with Jake and Corey deciding to go back to Corey's and hang out some more. We end up falling asleep there while watching a movie with a certain blond curled up under my arm.

~

Lots of love- B
(Word Count: 1283)