~22~

(Colby's POV)

I guess in a way Jake was right, I do need to start working harder to get Brennen and Xepher here with us. I'll ask Sam about it today but I really don't want to pressure it. If he doesn't want to do it we'll have to find a different way. And if Jake has a problem with that, well I might just have to kick him out. Joking, joking, I would never... Well actually-

"What are you thinking about over there? You look so serious it's kinda intimidating, but also hot if that makes sense," Mike says out of no where. I look over to where he's laying upside down on the couch, silver shooting from hand to hand looking like lightning as he passes it back and forth.

"Just how to bring everything up to Sam..."

"Sugar coat it, duh. Be all lovey then boom, be like 'so you willing to do a spell that we definitely should not be doing??' And if he says no then find a new man he ain't worth it."

"Stop putting crap in his head," Jake slaps Mikes leg where it's hanging off the couch as he walks in the living room. "Just ask, and if he says no play it cool, but then bring it up the next day till he finally says yes. People get annoyed and just eventually say yes so you stop talking, obviously," Jake rolls his eyes, sitting across from me.

Mike points to Jake and nods. "Yeah he's right, do that."

"Okay... He's at work right now, I'll head over there I guess. If he gets mad at me I'm putting all the blame on you two, just a heads up," I laugh a bit. Jake scoffs saying 'whatever' jokingly and Mike just smiles and says 'put it all on me,' which feels like a innuendo to something... something I'm 99.9% positive I don't want to know about.

"Oh and by the way I think I'm going to ask him out on a date too," I pause turning back to them. And lean against the cold glass pillar that arches to make the entrance to the living room.

"What?!"

"How dare you keep such information from your besties."

They both gasp staring at me in shock. I nod slowly sparing them one look before sprinting out of the room and quickly up the stairs making my escape. I push my door shut leaning against it catching my breath for a second, I quietly laugh to myself and shake my head. I go over to my closet, taking a few glances around mentally preparing myself for having to pick out the 'will you go out with me' outfit. Anyone who's done this knows the outfit is more stressful then actually saying it.

~

"Hey! Colby right??" I look up from the beige side walk, being met with Griffin jogging over to me. He stops in front of me with a smile, seeming to already be out of breath, someone needs to workout more.

"Yeah... We've met like five times now Griffin," I look at him from his shiny black shoes to his gray beanie covered head with a raised eyebrow. I got places to be I don't want to be standing here all day, no offense to him he's just not my favorite company.

"Sorry I'm just really bad at names," he laughs but quickly stops after noticing I'm not joining in on that. "So... What are you doing over here?" He asks awkwardly.

"Going to meet Sam, you?" I turn away from him and continue walking, I mentally roll my eyes when I hear him following behind me.

"Sam?" I look back at him confused for a second but quickly realizing my slip up.

"Shawn, sorry I meant Shawn."