~11~

(Sam's POV)

"Sammy just come with me, you need more friends anyways," Corey wines from my couch. I look over to him my face scrunched as I glare at him. What's that supposed to mean? I have plenty of friends, like... Okay yeah he has a point but who cares I don't know these people and I'll be so awkward I already know it.

"Okay that's it you don't have a choice, you're coming with." I look at him confused but he doesn't give me time to ask before he walks over grabbing my shoulder causing me to only see black for a few seconds. My vision slowly fades back to normal, we're now standing on a porch that I've always seen next to Corey's house.

He just pulls open the door not even knocking, are they seriously that close already? All I know is this is some guy named Jakes house. I look around the huge empty house, for being a house at the border a lot of sunlight comes through, usually it's somewhere between gloomy and normal, seeing as thats the Darkness and Light element mixing, maybe it just seems that way because almost the whole thing is glass and what's not glass is a bright ivory color.

"Jacob!" Corey yells upstairs startling me.
A boy with bright red hair comes jogging down the long stair case.

"Hey! We're just hanging out upstairs," he waves us up half way down before going back up, I slowly follow after Corey already feeling awkward. Jake goes into some room that already had the door open, my eyes widen seeing the mess that's everywhere, and in the middle of it sits the blue headed boy that came to my store yesterday. His thick eyebrows are drawn closer together as he sorts through all the piles on the floor completely concentrated not even giving us a glance.

"Oh don't mind him he's in the zone." I jump at the sudden voice from behind me, I look back to see a boy covered head toe in black and silver. He puts his hand out for me to shake which of course I do.

"Mike, you must be the boy Colby was gushing about yesterday," he laughs. I just look at him confused but he nods to the boy on the floor, oh. He was talking about me? How much did he explain that Mike immediately knew me. Wait Colby?! No it can't be the same Colby. I just nod and smile at Mike following Corey who sat on the bed.

Mike, Corey, and Jake talk for a bit but I'm busy. What am I busy with you may ask, well staring and examining Colby of course, who still by the way hasn't looked up only muttering a hi when Corey said hey to him. I excuse myself to the bathroom that I saw on my way up needing to clear my head.

I softly close the bathroom door leaning against it, I look down feeling something attached to my shoe on the carpet, I lift my foot pulling off the two polaroid photos that were stuck together. The bigger one was of Colby and Jake with a huge ice cream bowl in between them while they make silly faces but the smaller one is what catches my attention. It's the photo.

I knew it, no normal being has eyes like those, of course it's him, names Colby, looks familiar, water element obviously, and is trying to get his friends back from earth where he was. How could I be so stupid? Wait so he still has the photo meaning he might know it's me. No he would have said something, the Colby I remember wouldn't have wasted a second thinking about it.

With that I stuff the photo in my pocket leaving the bathroom. I make me way back into the room setting the photo of him and Jake back in the pile that was by the door, that must have been how they got stuck on my shoe.

I take my seat again next to Corey. Jake is laying upside down on some black bean bag that looks like fake leather and Mike is laying like a star fish next to us on the bed. Colby finally looks up when he hears me laugh at Mike. He grins and waves me over to him, I hesitantly stand up and sit next to him.

"What are you doing here?" He asks with questioning eyes but still a smile.

"Corey's best friend," I dismiss quietly. He hums in response and just keeps looking at me, two can do that, I look down to his hand seeing the water marking lit up, yeah definitely the same Colby, I remember tracing the mark like it was yesterday. I quickly look back up to his eyes not wanting him to question what I'm doing he looks too zoned out on my face to notice though. I just giggle reaching up and poking his dimple trying to snap him out of it, he immediately clears his throat looking away muttering an apology.

"So I never caught your name," he looks over to me. Oh no... think fast think fast.

"Shawn," yeah close enough starts with a S. He looks me up and down.

"Hm doesn't really fit you, I'm Colby." Wow way to diss my fake name boy.

"You know I get that a lot," I nervously laugh and scratch the back of my head.

"It's fine I'll find a nickname for you eventually," he says nonchalantly as if he knows we'll be seeing each other for a lot longer. Honestly I hope we do, I know it's gonna sound crazy seeing as I only knew him for a couple days but after that time I missed him for so long, it took me awhile to forget, I'm completely shocked I didn't know it was him the second I saw his eyes.

Conversation flows so easy between us that I'm still here once Corey and Mike leave, Jake going to his own room claiming he was third wheeling. It's a couple hours later when I get home, him of course walking me seeing as I also live at the border.

The first thing I do is storm into my bedroom pulling out the box of old photos under my bed. I search through them before finding the picture that goes exactly to the one I found in his house. I smile at it putting the one I took right next to it before shutting the lid and pushing it back underneath.

I don't know what I have gotten myself into but I have a feeling it's gonna change a lot in my life.

~

Okay I really need a posting schedule, my updates are so all over the place lol. Lots of love- B
(Word Count: 1148)