~16~

(Colby's POV)

"You're such a dick..." I whisper staring at my ceiling. Y'all ever do that? Just feel the need to remind yourself you're a bad person, that did a shitty thing? If so, relatable. The real question is what am I gonna do about it? Well, right now, absolutely nothing seeing as it's 4am.... I love how when you have the biggest revolutions it's in the middle of the night.
We make all these plans while laying in bed and then do absolutely none of them once the sun rises.

Well no not this time, I literally have to apologize to Shawn tomorrow, that was such a bitchy comment I said to him. I always say I would never use my bloodline against anyone and yet I did against the guy I like, for the reasoning of I was annoyed.

So when I wake up I'm gonna get ready, ask Corey where Sam lives because I already forgot the address, and then hope I didn't hurt him.

Yeah, sounds like a decent plan. With that I turn away from my ceiling that always seems to be mocking me and try to get at least a few hours of sleep.

~

"That? Oh yeah he told me, he was just kinda laughing about it though," Corey laughs handing me the address. "I don't think you should be worried about it. Something like that wouldn't get to him." I sigh in relief and thank him saying I'm gonna head to Shawns now, I would have stayed longer but I want to get to Sam's, plus it's always so windy in his damn house.

~

"hey, what're you doing here?" He asks slightly opening the door.

"Oh uh..." With all that damn thinking you did you forgot to think about your intro? Wow complete moron. "I just wanted to first apologize for being all snappy yesterday, and then also just wanted to see if you're down to hang out?"

"You don't need to apologize for that," he laughs, pushing the door all the way open. He takes my wrist pulling me in the house. "I get it I was being pushy, I would have snapped too if I'm being honest. But when something bad happens just know I warned you Colbs."

"Let's just say I owe you if something happens."

"Not if, when," he gives me a pointed look.

"Damn, okay okay," I laugh putting my hands up in surrender. He can be a bit sassy can't he? Anyways, I take this time to actually look around his house seeing as this is the first time I've been in it. For a light element it's quite dim, the lighting is just a few jars with warm yellow magic swirling around in them on display, seeming to make waves of orange and yellow go on the walls. It's obviously day time so I can only imagine how it looks during the night.

The walls are painted a dark beige, the walls are also pretty plain leaving a minimalist look. Hanging from the corners of the roof there's a few sunflower baskets and all the furniture/decode is some shade of warm brown or cream. And yet it all has a yellow tint from the lighting.

"You just gonna like... stand there?" My head snaps over to Shawn who's now moved to the couch watching me in amusement. My cheeks heat up in embarrassment, I slowly make my way over to next to him.

"So Colbs," he swings his legs over mine. Something I've noticed over the past few days is he really doesn't care for personal spac, very touchy. "I don't really know too much about you, or your life I guess, tell me stuff." He shuffles closer leaning his head against the back of the couch.

"Well," I pull his legs up for a second just so I can cross mine getting more comfortable. "What do you wanna know?" I lean against the couch so our faces are about two feet apart.

"These friends, the ones you're trying to get here. How'd you meet them?" He asks curiosity written all over his face. I quietly laugh thinking back to it, a fond smile making its way to my face.

"About six years ago, all the main bloodlines gathered on earth, as I'm sure you've heard. It was just some lame thing to discuss a bunch of junk that ten year old me didn't care for, so obviously I didn't go to any of the meeting I was, well busy with something else anyways...

But since I didn't go I guess I missed the news that half of us were staying on earth, Jake was actually the one to first tell me. Jake, Xepher, Brennen, and I were the kids of the main so obviously we bonded on our hate for our parents in the moment," I laugh at now how ridiculous it sounds.

"Something else?"

"Hm?"

"You said you were busy with something else, what was it?"

"That is, a very long or the shortest story and I don't know which one to tell you," I lightly laugh as our eyes lock, wow he's beautiful.

"I quite like details, and I have time so come on let's hear it." I sigh and nod turning my head to the ceiling.

"I met this kid, I swear ten year old me was instantly in love. Sun element, guess I got a thing for them," I look over to Shawn smirking, he blushes and nods for me to continue. "Anyways one of the sweetest people I've ever met still to this day, very pure if that makes sense. I know we were kids, but usually with our people we're acting like full adults by then.

Anyways, I know you said long version but I'm gonna simplify it. We kissed for god knows what reason, then he said his parents pretty much hate my people so we couldn't talk again. Then he came back here, and I stayed back on earth, now he's the last puzzle piece we need to get this spell going and no one has seen him in years..." I sigh and look back to Shawn, his expression is neutral no shock, curiosity, just blank.

"I'm sure you'll find him..." he whispers back, as if he didn't want me to hear.

I laughs at that shaking my head. "How could I when all the most powerful of his kind couldn't?"

"Because," he sits up all the way completely facing me. "You," he takes my face in both his small hands so I'm looking directly at him. "Are Colby fucking Brock and you can do anything. You want to find him? You will." The way he says it so surely I have to believe it, that yeah okay I can find him if I really try. And I will get my friends here.

"Now, this conversation is way too serious for me," he jumps up skipping to the yellow radio that's sat on a wooden stool. "Let's dance," he giggles flicking on the music. He's gonna be the death of me, I think as he sways his hips twirling all over the room, laughter that sounds like the prettiest melody never dying.

"Come on!" He jumps over to my with a hand out. I just look at it with a raised eyebrow, I'm down for a lot of things, dancing isn't one of them. "Oh come on just one dance!" He pouts kneeling down in front of me.

"Ugh fine," I take his hand letting him pull me up as he cheers. Right when I completely stand the song switches to one a bit faster, even more upbeat. Shawn gives a mischievous smile and pulls me closer taking both of my hands in his.

Before I know it we're both jumping around the room, me spinning and dipping him, laughing when we crash into each other, almost falling every time.

~

Hey! Sorry for the later update for some reason my dumb ass was writing chapter 17 instead of this... So next chapter coming in like an hour.  Anyways lol lots of love- B🖤
(Word Count: 1352)