~3~

(Colby's POV (Still 6 years ago))

I'm laying in bed asleep when I feel someone start poking at my cheek where my dimple would be. I just groan and turn around thinking it's my mom trying to wake me up.

"Colbyyyyyyy," the high pitched voice whines. My eyes open wide to see who is there. I look behind me and see Sam pouting. I rub my eyes and keep looking at him.

"Sparkles? What are you doing here the sun isn't even up yet." God my voice sounds like a knife went down it, it's so quiet and raspy. He giggles and covers his mouth with his hand. He is way too happy for whatever time it is.

"Your voice sounds funny and duh! How else do you expect me to come here if it's not when everyone is sleeping??" Oh he snuck out. That's surprising from what I learned about him today, he never breaks his parents rules.

"Awe Sammy I'm worth getting in trouble for?" I ask him with a smile sitting up. He looks at me and bites his lip as if he's thinking of his answer.

"Um yeah? I don't know I just wanted to see you one more time before we have to leave.." he says shyly. I pat on the bed so he knows he can sit next to me and doesn't have to stay on the floor. Which is an offer he immediately takes.

"I get that, but we both live in the same dimension it's not like we can never see each other again," I laugh trying to reassure him. He looks up at me with watery eyes. I grab his face and wipe the tears off going closer to him.

"Hey why you crying Sparkles? Being someone who has a smile like yours that would put the sun to shame should never be sad." He sniffles and wipes his eyes. One of my hands still on his face lightly rubbing his cheek.

"My parents wouldn't let me see you again even if we were neighbors," he gives me a sad smile. I nod and look down dropping my hand from his face and onto the little bit of blanket that's between us.

I understand why, my people are kinda the ones everyone wants to avoid. We are known for always looking for a good time never being too serious about our powers, you could say we like to live in the moment. That's why my dad is always harsh on me before something that has to involve other elements.

He doesn't want me to get judged like he used to.

"You know I don't agree with them? I know you are a good person they're just being judgemental," Sam says obviously being able to see my mood drop. I smile at him.

"So um we just can't see each other after this?" He nods but grabs my hand and looks at it like it's the most captivating thing ever. He traces my palm where my element marking that glows brightly in blue is.

"It's weird I already feel closer to you then my other friends that I've known for a long time," he whispers. I just continue to watch him being fascinated by everything he does.

He looks up at me to see that I'm already looking at him.

Somehow we both start to lean in and get closer to the point where eventually our noses are touching. We stay just like that for a second before he puts his hand on my face pulling my lips to his. It just lasted like three seconds before we both pull away.

He immediately gets off the bed a blushing wreck. "I- we just- I should go that was- um bye," he stutters out and rushes to the door leaving.

I watch as the door closes and bite my lip. Well then... I shake my head and lay back down wanting to get a few more hours of sleep pushing all other thoughts away from me.

~

I am woken up again by the same poking but instead I open my eyes revealing the sun light making them immediately close again.

I rub my eyes trying to let them adjust before re-opening them. I sit up and look to my left and see Sam sitting there adorably.

"Hi, I just wanted to um- let you know, we're leaving in like an hour..." he tells me. Mm still too bright in here to process anything. I flick my wrist causing the windows to cover in a think layer of water. Imagine a waterfall falling down it that doesn't move.

Sam stares at it with big curious eyes. He gets up and walks over to one of the windows poking it but the second he touches it the light shines through that one place. "Did I do that?" He whispers. I laugh and get out of bed stretching.

"Yes, yes you did. You broke my wall."

"Sorry," he says quietly and backs away from it. I smile at his cuteness.

"It's fine Sammy." He looks over to me and blushes I'm guessing since I don't have a shirt on.

"So you said your leaving?" I ask and lean against the wall.

"Uh yeah we are," He says awkwardly. I nod.

"Gonna miss you Sparkles."

"I'm going to miss you too," he walks over to me and leans against the same wall.

"We should take two pictures together so we never forget," Sam says.

I grin at the idea and go to grab my polaroid camera. "Say cheese Samual." I put the camera to him and click pulling  the photo out. I hand him the camera and he takes another one.

"Here let's sign them," I hand him a marker. Once they are both signed we put the photos away promising to always keep them.

"I should probably go.." he looks down at his shoes.

"What you're just going to leave me and I don't get a hug?" I smile joking. He laughs and pulls me into a hug that lasts longer than I would like to admit.

We say goodbye and then he's gone as if it never happened.

I changed and leave the room going to find my parents. Once I'm in the main entrance I see them talking to some girl with bright red hair standing next to the boy that also has red hair that I saw yesterday.

"Hey," I say and stand next to my mom.

"Hi, where have you been all day?" My mom asks. Oh you know falling in love with a boy that I'll never see again.

"No where, I was just sleeping," I lie.

"Oh well this is Lora ruler of fire element and this is her son Jake." I smile at them both which they return.

"So you are cool with this whole moving thing?" Jake asks looking at me.

"What moving thing?" I ask having no idea what he's talking about.

"You know how us and earth elements are all going to stay on earth??" He says like that's obvious. I look to my parents and see them giving me a worried look. You mother fuc- you know what they aren't even worth it I'm going to give them the silent treatment. You know like they did to me about this entire situation.

"Yeah I'm fine with it actually kinda excited," I lie again. Hey I'm not trying to cause a seen here.

The rest of the day was spent with me Jake, Brennen who is earth element and Xepher who is darkness element, I guess her people are coming to earth too, hanging out and talking about how much our parents suck because what else would kids do?

We all were really close by the time it was night, we all promised that if we have to be here we will stay as one friend group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had no idea how to end this chapter lol. For those of you who are wondering Colby was ten in these past chapters and Sam was nine.
Lots of love B🖤
(Word: 1375)