~5~

(Colby's POV)

"WHAT?!" I look at them as is they told me that they ran over my dog on purpose... What am I talking about I don't have a dog.

"Listen before you freak out it might not be permanent there's a pretty high chance we'll come back," my mother tries to calm me looking stressed.

"Might!? No. Fuck this, you drag me here and now that I'm okay with it you're trying to take me back?" I can't even believe they're telling me this right now, I thought I would never see that place again and now I might have to stay there forever.

"Son you love it there I'm quite surprised you aren't happy about this, you get to go back home." He looks at me confused.

"I was a kid that's the only place I knew but now that I'm here this is home! No one judges me because of my element or your bloodline I'm free here. I'm not going back." I say quietly at the end.

"We don't have a choice, earth is getting worst and worst as time goes on and we aren't strong enough to help it here Colby. I'm so sorry I hate that we have to do this to you again but please, just please try and think about it?" I look to my mom seeing her eyes watery.

I understand why, this is the first time we talk in awhile and we're already in and argument. I look to the ceiling leaning against the door. I'll hate it at first I know that but I do miss my family so if I have to go back to get us back together then so be it...

"Okay.." I whisper.

"Okay to thinking about it?" My father asks looking happy that I agreed.

"No. Okay I'll go with.. I don't really have a choice though do I?" I lightly laugh looking to them joking. Causing them to smile walking over pulling me into a hug.

"I truly am sorry, I know how comfortable you are here now and I hate to pull you away from it." They pull away from me. I just give her a sad smile nodding but then my eyes widen in realization.

"My friends, what's going to happen to them?They're coming too right??" I stare at them about to have a panic attack. I'll go but I'm gonna need those losers by my side.

"Jake is coming, the rest will stay here.." My dad looks to me worried with that answer.

"What?! Why just Jake? What about Brennen and Xepher..." I know they are not about to break up our group for this planet filled with most people that don't even care about it.

"Because honey the main issues are the oceans, climate change and fires breaking out, therefore they need the water and fire element."

"Okay and what about Brennen? His element is literally earth don't you think they could be a lot of help? Can't they just come with anyways?" I give them pleading eyes even though I know it's not completely up to them.

"You know if this was only up to us none of us would have left home ever Colby." I look at him for a second before looking down with a sigh.

"When are we leaving?"

"Monday." It's Wednesday so that only gives me five days to be with them all of us together.

"Okay.. Can I please leave so I can be with my friends?" My eyes never leaving the floor.

"Of course, just please promise you'll be back Monday and you aren't going to run away disappearing forever?" My mom laughs light heartily even though she was truly kinda asking.

"Of course." I hug her then dad.

"I'll see you guys then." I wave shutting the door. I stand on the porch leaning against the railing for a second just thinking. Wow this is going to be a big change I'm not so sure I'm ready for. At least my best friend will be by my side though.

I shake my head clearing the thoughts and focus on the portal so I can get back to Jakes. Blue mist slowly gathers in the air in front of me turning into a huge oval of water.

I step through arriving by the front door inside Jakes house. My legs jog up the stairs to his room to see if he's home yet. I open the door revealing him on his laptop sitting on his bed, Xepher laying on the floor throwing a basket ball up and catching it. And Brennen being his normal self petting a tree that's branches hang into Jake's window seat.

"Wow how boring of you all." I jump into his bed laying down.

"How was hell?" Xepher asks laughing sitting up. Oh bloody hell they don't know yet... Welp guess it's time they do then.

"According to them me and Jake are leaving and going back home and you both are staying here." Just keep it blunt why don't you?

Jake's head slowly tilts my way and when our eyes meet he looks as if he's ready to kill someone, let's just hope it's not me.

"Excuse me? Where the fuck did they get that from?" Scary little sucker he is. I swear there is nothing scarier then having a fire element mad at you.

"To some it up all fire and water elements need to head back because earth is dying."

"That's What we've been trying to tell them but nooo no one listens to us." Brennen mumbles watering the plants he gave all of us.

"And What about us we just stay here and wait?? Hell no! We're coming with and that's final." Xepher stands up looking pissed and confused. If I had to label all my friends Jake would be the hot head, Xepher is a firecracker, Brennen is just straight up passive aggressive and I.. Hm I have no idea how to label myself, maybe just an all in all wreck?

"And when were they going to tell us? When is this happening?" Jake turns facing me still mad.

"Monday, sadly we leave on god damn Monday as if that day could get any worse." I groan turning around in the bed so my face is smushed into it.

"You are both dramatic hoes, you act as if they're sending you to hell get a grip." Brennen laughs clearly not joking though so we all just glare at him, he just rolls his eyes.

"Okay yeah they're being dramatic but what about us? We can't just stay here." Brennen just gives her a weird look putting down the watering can.

"You had absolutely no problem about it until we heard they're leaving so what makes it so different now?" He tilts his head questioning her. She just looks down knowing he's right.

"Guys I think we all need to get in Brennens mind set for once, it won't be that bad we'll figure it out." I sit up.

"It's not like this is going to ruin our friendship we'll be okay."

"Yeah I guess you're right but how long are you staying? Can we come visit?" Xepher crosses her arms looking to me kinda sad.

"I don't truly know the answers to either of those.." I look to the bed now wondering those questions.

Jake sighs looking around at his room that he's now going to have to leave six years later. "Well all I know is that we're all bad bitches that will figure it out together." Jake laughs looking at us all eyes still watering though. We all nod agreeing standing up for a group hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lots of love B🖤
(Word count: 1299)