~21~

(Colby's POV)

"You took him where? Wow you're an idiottt, what were you thinking? Oh hey I like this guy let's take him some where that he has a 50% chance of dying?? Complete and utter idiot," Mike grumbles before digging into his food. I bite my lip trying not to laugh and look around café.

"Okay wasn't my best moment, but we had fun up until the slowly dying thing."

"Yeah yeah, spare us the details of ya'll skinny dipping," Jake cuts in. "Have you got to asking about him helping with the spell? That's the entire point of trying to butter him up so much after all."

"No I haven't asked, I feel like I'll just scare him off if I keep bringing that up," I shrug. His jaw drops as if I just said the most unbelievable thing. I just avoid his gaze awkwardly and move a bit against the cold metal chair.

"What? The entire point of talking to any of these people, no offense Mike, is to get our actual friends back." Mike busts up tipping his head back before saying none taken.

"I mean yeah it was but the people here are cool, I consider them 'actual friends', as I know you do too, so you're just talking a bunch of nonsense at this point." Mike's about to say something but a loud voice joins us.

"Guys!" Corey calls from across the café, where him and Sam just came through the see through crystal door. Sam smiles at me and waves before walking to the counter to order their things as Corey walks over. "Thanks for the invite to the hang out," Corey laughs with his signature smile and sits at the open chair pulling another over for Sam.

"Sorry 'bout that," I chuckle before looking to Sam. I glare at where he's leaning a bit too forward to the guy across the counter who's taking his order with a smile I'm not very fond of. I push my chair out and make my way over to them.

"Hey Sparkles, it's been too long," I smirk sliding next to him, patting his waist gently before crossing my arms. I feel the guys eyes staring into my side profile, I completely ignore it and keep my focus on Sam.

"Yeah so long, haven't seen you since I caught you sneaking out of my bed this morning, that was just so sweet of you by the way," he plays into it, leaning closer to me. A full smile creeps it's way onto my face as my eyes fall to the ground where green, yellow, red, and blue mix into marble glass. I'm already way too fond of this boy, I can see it becoming a problem in the future. Not to me but to the people around us having to watch it.

"Well I didn't want to wake you and I had other things I needed to do."

"'Other things'? Wow this soon in the relationship and you're already keeping secrets?" He tilts his head keeping a serious face but his eyes are giving it away, all they read is teasingness, and happiness, they also seem to hold a bit of adore in them too but maybe that's just my imagination.

Someone clears their throat, we hesitantly break our eye contact looking back to the waiter that has his eyes set on me. I look him straight in the eyes raising an eyebrow at him, he squints his eyes before pushing a paper to Sam for him to pay for his order.

I quickly grab the pen dipping it in the ink before signing my name, the guy behind the counter gasps. I push the paper back to him with a fake smile, he takes it with another look to my last name. yes main bloodline but keep checking, maybe it will change. I want to say that but I just take Sam's wrist leading us away.

"Jealous much?" Sam laughs.

"Eh what can I say, I'm a bit possessive," I smile lightly, nudging his shoulder, he just shakes his head and bites back a smile.

"Okay then, hypothetically, how would you react if I said I agreed to hang out with him after his shift ends?" He looks up meeting my questioning look.

"You didn't, did you?"

"You're completely right, I didn't," he smirks and shrugs, then walks a bit ahead of me taking his seat between Corey's and mine. I pause watching him in disbelief, I nod and roll my eyes to myself. So I got a trouble maker on my hands, I can deal with that.

~

We lay under the golden light as the night slowly starts to over come the day, it's so refreshing to see a cloudless sky, leaving the ombré from orange fading to a beautiful coral and purple completely open for our viewing. The soft grass sits beneath us, welcoming anyone like a fluffed pillow. It's times like this that the air truly just feels fresher, the wind less cold, and leaves your mind in bliss.

"Is there places like this back on earth?" Sam asks softly.

"Yeah, not many though, they prefer to cover them with buildings and the spots left most people under appreciated them. But yes, there is."

"I couldn't even imagine that, my mind feels so unsettled if I don't take time out of my day every day for this. For the peace, I would probably feel so drained and tired with out the moments of rest."

"You get used to it I guess." I know I did, it's crazy that only after a few years of being on earth I stopped appreciating nature like I should, I'm a element, nature is basically my entire root.

"Hm, well we should probably head back to our friends before they think we ran away," Sam sits up stretching out his arms.

"Is that a hint for me to run away with you? Say the word and I'll go pack my bag," I smile up at him teasing.

"You're a dork," he giggles standing up and offers me his hand. Which I take, pulling myself up. I'm met with his face so close to mine I can feel his breath against my chin. "Hi," his eyes scan my face, resting at my lips for a moment before drifting back to my eyes.

"Hey." I pull my hand away from his and rest it at his cheek. "Hypothetically, if I were to kiss you right now, how would you react?" I whisper to him, focusing on his parted lips.

"Probably run in disgust-" I cut off his sentence and smile that was going to his lips by stepping forward and pulling his face to me, attaching our lips. He doesn't hesitant to start slowly moving his lips against mine, I most definitely don't either. It's a soft kiss, between the fact that we're touching the other as if they're fragile glass and that our lips fit perfectly together, we both seem to be just basking in the moment.

And I know when we pull away that the lipgloss he's always wearing will now also be on me. He's the first to pull away, our eyes once again meeting.

"Yeah because you definitely seem to be running away," I smile lightly shaking my head.

"Might have been just a bit of a over exaggeration," he giggles quietly, taking my hand in his before pulling us back to the side walk that leads to my house.

~

Okay why do I love writing this book so much?? How are you guys liking this book so far? Also sorry if this chapter had a lot of mistakes and was kinda bad I wrote it while like half asleep. Lots of love- B🖤
(Word Count: 1302)