~2~

(Colby's POV(Still 6 years ago))

My mom takes my arm meaning for me to follow her out of the room. She leads me to a room that has walls dedicated to each element. Of course I go over to mine to see the painting on it.

"Okay you know where the room is if you need to find us we'll be right in there," my moms says. I nod and hug her than she leaves the room. I look around to see all the other kids, I'm guessing they are all kids of the main person in their element like me.

Let me fill you in a bit on all this, okay so there is seven different elements in totally. There is the head ones that are earth, air, fire, water and then there's the ones you don't hear about as much which includes darkness, metal and light.

All of them extremely important to earth. So you have your element but then you have your bloodline which to sum it up is just your ancestors ranking. Example because everything my family before me has done we will now forever be known as the rulers of the water element. Yeah I think you get the point, all the people here are very respected.

I wonder who is the kid of what element? I take a good look at them, there's a boy with tan skin, long hair that's been pulled up into a small bun, he is dressed in pretty comfy purple clothes. Seems like he is pretty keep to himself since he's sitting in a corner looking at his hands.

Then there's another boy sitting with the only girl. The boy is dressed in all black with eyes that are so silver they almost look white. The girl has red pants on and a over sized black sweater with a rose on it.

There's three boys across the room, I don't think they know each other just standing next to each other. The first one that catches my eyes has fire red hair with red plaid pants and a plain black t-shirt.

The one all the way to his left has ebony hair with just a with t-shirt tucked into some teal jeans.

Finally there is one more boy in the middle of those two. He stands there kinda awkwardly but none the less with a small smile, he has this amazing glow around him that shines as if sparkles are falling from him. He has bright blonde hair almost yellow, his eyes are the most interesting thing I've ever seen at the bottom they are a goldish yellow and then then at the top they fade to a neon blue.

He also has a big sweater on but his is a honey color. He must have sensed me staring because he looks over to me. He shyly smiles and walks over. Wow he is short, he has to be younger than me.

"Hi, I'm Samual but everyone calls
me Sam, what's your name?" He says happily but also quiet.

"Hey! my name is Colby," I put my hand out for him to shake like my dad always taught me to do.

He shakes my hand. "Nice to meet you, what element are you?" He tilts his head.

"Water, yours?"

"Light!"

"That's cool, hey this place is boring you wanna come with me somewhere?" I ask him completely bored out of my mind.

He looks at me nervous and then looks around the room to see if anyone was watching, which they weren't. "I-um yeah sure..." You can tell he isn't used to breaking rules.

"Great! Lets go," I take his hand and start to quietly lead him out the hallway.

"Have you been here before?" He whispers.

"Nope," I tighten my grip on his hand and make a run for the door with him behind me. We get out side the door and I keep going till we are pretty far.

"Oh my god!! I've never done anything like that! That was amazing!" He looks around with excited eyes and giggles.

I smile at how happy he is, that glow ring he had around him before is now times 10. I'm guessing it goes off of his mood.

"This isn't even the fun part Sparkles, we still have to explore," he looks at my confused tilting with head which is something I noticed he does a lot, not that I'm complaining.

"It's not? And why'd you call me Sparkles?" I laugh.

"Of course it's not silly! And because you are all sparkly everything about you glows in the best way possible, you remind me of a star," I tell him.

His eyes get big and he blushes looking down to the floor. "I- So what's the fun part?" He asks ignoring my second answer. I smile

"Well finding new places of course!" I grab his hand again so he follows me.

That's how the rest of the day goes us seeing new places together and laughing when we see a human do something embarrassing thinking no one saw them.

When we get back the sun is already going down. We are laughing hard about something we just saw. We hold onto each other so we don't fall and stumble up the stairs trying to calm our selves. Sam laughs even harder and falls. "Ek!"

"Sammy!" I grab him and pull him up.

You know when something isn't even funny anymore but the more you think about it the more you laugh? Yeah us right now.

"Boys!" I hear a loud mans voice yell. You better believe we stopped laughing at that...

"Yes sir?" Sam says with a smile as if we did nothing wrong.

"You two are in a lot of trouble, come on." He harshly takes our arms and drags us into the building.

He takes us into the meeting room where we were before. "Sam," His mother I'm guessing runs up to him and pulls him into a hug.

"I thought something happened to you!

"I'm okay mom I promise," he says.

I look to his dad and see him giving me dirty look sooo I give him one back, he looks shocked at that. "You water elements were always bad people! Keep your wreck less son away from ours! He could have gotten Sam killed!" His dad says and marches out of the room his wife following taking Sam with her before we can say anything.

I look to my parents. "What?" I question since they are giving me a weird look. My father shakes his head.

"You know we have no problem with you going out and seeing the world on your on two feet but you can't bring other people into that," he says in a calm voice.

I just give him a nod understanding. "Can we go to the rooms now? I'm tired," I ask.

"Yes of course," my mom says and walks out heading up stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter two I hope you all enjoyed it!
Lots of love B🖤
(Word Count: 1188)