~9~

(Colby's POV)

"Colby, no stop asking, you are god damn sixteen not an adult." She glares at me from behind the kitchen counter. Right as I'm about to speak she cuts me off.

"And, I will not allow Lora to go through the pain me and your dad did when you left. I will not go through that again, we just got you back and now you're trying to leave again?" Her eyes start watering probably thinking she's the reason I'm asking.

I walk over pulling her into a short hug.
"Mom, I'm not asking because I want to leave you guys again. I think me and Jake just want full control over what we do, I know technically we're still pretty young but come on, just trust me on this one we'll be okay," I try to reassure her.

"If you do, I need you to promise you will visit a lot and that I can visit you."

"Of course you can obviously it will be a house at the border. I would just ask if he could move in here but you know... We got this whole opposite element can die if we go on each others side thing going on," I laugh at how ridiculous it is that the main thing that can kill me is my best friend.

"Okay then... do you need someone to come with you? You guys don't really know how buying a house works," she lightly laughs even though you can clearly see in her eyes she's hurt.

"Eh I think we'll be good," I kiss her cheek and then turn around pulling on my shoes. "I'll be back soon, love you!" I quickly walk out the door before she can change her mind

~

"I want this one." Jake lightly touches the glass walls humming in content. I nod agreeing that this is it while I slowly walk though the open all white mansion.

"If you guys decide on this one all you need to do is sign this stuff and it's yours," the lady showing us the house says happily with a stack of papers set on the counter. The hell is that? This isn't earth why do we need to sign that junk. Can't we say we want it and call it a day?

"How about we don't do that and it's our house anyways?" Jake says walking over to her.

"Unfortunately we can't do that Mr.." she trails off not knowing his last name.

"Webber," he laughs eyes flashing red for a second so she knows who she's talking to. You know how earth has celebrities? Yeah well we have main elements, point is don't step out of line when it comes to any of us.

"Oh! Um... You know what yeah this paper work really isn't necessary, all I need is one signature and that all," she nervously smiles at him putting down a paper with a pen on it. Wow we love privilege, I cover my mouth trying not laugh at my own thought. They just stare at me weirdly, I shake my head and sign on the slot next to Jake's name watching as it glows blue for a second permanently locking my name in that place.

Her eyes widen again seeing my last name. "Don't worry I'm the nicer one," I laugh and hand her the paper and pen back. She smiles thankfully taking the stuff and placing it gently in her bag.

"Well then I will send your copies to your parents," she clears her throat at the thought of who they are before continuing.

"And we are done here, the place is yours." She smiles then just stands there awkwardly.

"Okay, thanks? That's everything right?" Jake lifts an eyebrow leaning against the counter.

"Oh yes! Sorry- I hope you guys enjoy," she gives a short wave turning on her high heels leaving through the front.

"That was a train wreck," Jake says looking to me.

"Wow... I didn't realize how much I missed not having to pay for junk," he laughs reminiscing. Things are different here, we don't use anything like money. It all has to do with your bloodline on what you can or can't buy, so your last name is pretty much your credit card. If your family is a low ranking the only thing you can do is marry a higher one or work your ass off to do something never heard of.