Chapter 25

Liv comes over to my house around noon. We were gonna hang out for a few hours, then get ready together for the competition. We just hang out until about 3:00 ish, then we start getting out our stuff to get ready. We get out our leos and warm-ups, our hair stuff, and our gym bags. I get my leotard sports bra and underwear, and go into the bathroom to change.

Our leos are mostly black, with this beautiful pink and white detailing across the front. I put on my leo, then put on my leggings. I walk back out into the room to see Liv in the same thing, (leo with leggings, but not the jacket yet) getting out her hair stuff. I begin doing the same. We both do our own hair, because neither one of our moms even remotely know how to do hair.

We stand in front of my giant mirror. We have pretty much the same hair length, in fact people get us mixed up all the time. But we have pretty much the same hair routine. We've been doing this for quite awhile. We brush our hair out first, then we flip our heads over and brush it into a high ponytail. Then we start working on the bun. I braid Liv's ponytail into a regular braid and she braids mine. Then I twist hers around her ponytail and secure it with bobby pins. She does the same for me, then we get out our hairspray and berets. We both put hairspray all over the top of our heads and beret back the slight bumps. Liv and I are absolutely perfectionists when doing our hair for a competition. We add our pink scrunchie last and put on our jacket.

We go downstairs and get a few snacks for the award ceremony. I grab an apple and some crackers. Liv grabs an apple as well, (not a banana) and some goldfish. We finish packing our gym bags with our grips, tape, and extra hair supplies just in case our hair falls out.

Our moms are sitting in the main hallway talking.

"You ready girls?" Liv's mom asks.

"Yeah!" we both say in unison.

We get in the car and drive to the destination of the meet. We get out of the car, and actually catch a glimpse of Mattee and Mia walking into the double doors. We run to the doors and walk inside.

We check in and get our numbers. We talk with our team and get ready to walk into the main arena. I get the nervous/excited jitters that I normally get when I walk into a competition. We walk in to see tons of sparkles and judges and equipment. I look around at the whole arena, then look back at Liv who's already looking at me, a panicked expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

She just points across the room to a group of competitors getting ready to compete. I don't get it at first, but then it hits me.

It's our old teammates.