Chapter 5

As soon as my mom comes to get me and Liv, (we carpool everyday) we tell her what we've been thinking.

"We have to go to Perfect 10," I say. "We don't have anywhere else to go and there is absolutely no way I'm going to quit because of that guy."

"I know sweety," my mom starts, "but do you really think they'll take you in that quickly? I mean the meet is in two days, and we need to try it out first. We need to make sure you like it before you commit to it."

"We don't have to compete in the meet mom. We can just go first, try it out, and then if we like it, we can join. I don't see anyway this wouldn't work!"

"Wait, what do you mean 'we'?" my mom says.

"What? Oh, Liv said she would make the switch with me." I say.

"Yeah. I don't want to be coached by someone like that anyways."

"Well girls, I'll call the gym tonight. Maybe we can get a trial practice next week."

"Next week?!" I say. "Mom, that's too far away. Can we please drive over there really quickly and see if they have any practices tomorrow? Or maybe even tonight! It's only like 11:15. Let's at least check. Please?"

"Yeah! Please?" Liv says.

"Ok girls, we can try it. But don't get your hopes up too high. Let's go get some lunch first, and then we can drive over to check it out."

Olivia and I share a smile, and start talking about what we think it will be like there. We go get a quick lunch, and drive over to Perfect 10.

As we pull in to their parking lot, and I see their giant blue sign hanging over their enormous gym,

I can't help but feel that we might just fit in here.