Chapter 11

I wake up at 8:00. It's a little early, I know. But I was seriously just so excited to meet all of the girls on this team. Especially that one girl. She seems so nice.

I put my hair in its typical ponytail, and go to my closet to find a leo. I choose my bright green Adidas one.

I was nervous, but excited. Scratch that. I was really excited, with just a touch of nervous. I head downstairs to eat breakfast. I make myself a strawberry banana smoothie, and a bowl of cereal. I eat in silence. I'm so excited I can barely contain my smile!

Liv's mom is going to bring us to practice, and my mom is bringing is home. I see Liv's mom pull into my driveway, and I run out the door, lunch, Gatorade, and grips in hand.

I jump into the car next to Liv. We talk the whole way there (but to be fair, that's only like 7 minutes). We pull up to the front doors of the gym. We get out of the car with nervous smiles on our faces.

As soon as we get in, (20 minutes early, I might add) I only see one person. The girl who smiled at me. The girl who I want to become friends with.

"See her?" I say to Olivia. "That's the girl who smiled at me yesterday."

"She's wearing the same leo as you!" says Liv.

She sees us and smiles. She waves and motions for us to come over. We walk over to her, kind of shyly.

"Hi, I'm Mattee." She says. "It sounds like it should be short for Madison or Madeline, but it's just Mattee. That's why it's spelled
M-A-T-T-E-E. Just so you know." She smiles again. I really like this girl. She's not very shy, which makes me feel a lot more comfortable around her.

"Hi," Liv says. "I'm Olivia and this is Mckayla! But you can call me Liv. We're new here."

"Oh. That's cool! And I like your leo! It's super cute." She says to me with a wink.

"Thanks!" I say. I look down and remember that we're wearing the same bright green adidas. I laugh. "I like yours too! And you can call me Mickey or Mike? If you want."

"Mickey. That's really cute! I like that. All three of us should hang out sometime!" Mattee says.

"Yeah!" Liv and I say in unison. Then all three of us giggle. I knew we would become friends.