Chapter 14

Next is beam.

"We have Rachel on beam." Mattee says with a smile. "She's really nice, but she's very passionate about this sport. If you work hard, she's happy. Just don't slack off. That's what makes her upset."

I nod and smile. She has brown hair that's in a messy bun. She's pretty, and she's smiling right now. I guess that's a good sign.

"Ok girls," she starts. "Oh! Who's this?"

"I'm Olivia and this is Mckayla. But you can call me Liv."

"And you can call me Mickey or Mike? Those are my nicknames."

Rachel smiles. "I like that. Those are cute. So Cliff has already told me most of what you can do, but if you wouldn't mind showing me a routine, I would really like that." she says with a genuine smile.

We both nod and begin warming up on the floor. I start with me series, than my leaps, than my aerial, punch front, and I get up on the beam to warm up one dismount.

I warm up one of each skill on the beam, then kinda call Rachel over. But she doesn't hear me.

I go over to her and tap her on the shoulder. She spins around and smiles.

"I'm ready to show you my routine." I say.

"Great. Whenever you're ready."

I walk over to the beam, and jump into my middle split. I finish the mount, stretching and posing on the beam. I then do my series and my leaps without a problem. I dance and do my full turn. I then do my aerial and my punch front. I stick them both. I dance to the end to get ready for my dismount. I do the round off, set high, and do two twists in the air. I land with a small step to the side, and salute.

As I look around, I realize most of the girls in my group looking at me. They seem to be impressed, but not too impressed. That's good. I don't want anyone to be mad at me or anything.

"Mickey, that was amazing!" Mattee says.

"Thanks!" I say.

"Wow. That was incredible! Very good job. Make sure your chest is up more on your landing." Rachel says.

I nod and smile. As I turn around, I see Mattee doing her routine. From her series, to her leaps, to her standing arabian, she's amazing. Like, super amazing. She sticks her dismount with a flourish, then smiles.

"Wow," I say. "That was flawless."

"Aw thank you!" Mattee says.

I then watch Olivia do her routine. She does every skill flawlessly, and sticks her dismount.

"Incredible Liv." Rachel says.

"Thanks!"

I give Liv a hug, and then Rachel calls us over.

"Amazing job you two. I'm proud of you. Make 5 more dismounts, then move on to floor."

"Ok!" We both say.

Olivia does all of her dismounts without a problem. I make three, fall on the fourth, then make two more.

"Great job girls. You can move on."