Chapter 21

We get in the car and begin the drive to my house.

"Hi! I'm Mattee!" Mattee says to my mom.

"Hi Mattee! I'm Mickey's mom. It's nice to meet you!"

"You too!" Mattee responds.

"So girls, how was your first practice?" my mom asks.

"Oh it was great! I made some more yurchenko double fulls and I made a double layout dismount with a spot!" I say.

"And I caught a tkatchev!" Liv says.

"Wow! Great job guys! How was your practice Mattee?"

"Oh it was good! I got to help Mickey and Liv and show them around."

"Well thank you for doing that!" my mom says. "I really appreciate it."

"Oh it was my pleasure! And thank you for driving me to your house!" Mattee says back.

"Oh anytime. I'm glad Mickey and Liv made some friends today!"

"Mom! You make me sound like a two year old!" I say laughing.

"Oh please. I'm just glad you made a friend!"

"Whatever." I say with a smile.

We pull up to my house. We get out of the car and walk to the door.

"Wow. You have a very nice house!" Mattee says.

"Thanks!"

As I open the door, my puppy runs up to Mattee's feet and jumps on her.

"Ah!" Mattee exclaims.

"Oh sorry! Are you afraid of dogs?" Liv says.

"Yeah, just a little." Mattee says with a laugh.

I pick up Max and pet his head. "He's really nice! Do you maybe wanna pet him? He doesn't bite I promise."

Mattee let's Max sniff her hand, then pets his head. She smiles. "Can I hold her?"

"It's a him," I say with a laugh. "But yes! Of course!"

Mattee super carefully lifts Max into her arms. She holds him close to her body. She smiles and pets his head.

"See! He's friendly!" Liv says.

"Yeah! He's so cute!" Mattee says.

"Thank you!" I say. "Do you wanna go put your gym bag in my room?"

"Yeah sure!"

I lead Mattee up to my room on the second floor. I open the door and tell her to put her stuff wherever she would like. I have a queen bed in my room, and then a little mattress under the bed. I pull it out and put a pillow and some blankets over it.

"So I'm willing to sleep on the mattress or the bed. So you guys can choose whichever one you want!" I say.

"Can I sleep on the mattress? It seems so comfy!" Mattee says.

"Yes of course! Liv and I can sleep on the bed like always." I say, looking at Liv with a smile. While I'm super happy that we're making all these new friends, I still wanna make sure Liv knows that she will always be my best friend.

"Sounds good with me!" Liv says.

We walk downstairs to get a snack.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask Mattee.

Liv and I practically live at each other's houses, so she's already looking through my fridge. But let's get real, I would do the exact same thing.

"Whatever you want! I don't really care." Mattee says.

"Is fruit okay? We have apples, oranges, strawberries, nectarines, peaches.... wow we have a lot of fruit!" I say with a laugh. "You can have whatever you want!"

"Um, can I have some strawberries please?" Mattee asks.

"Yeah absolutely!" I get the strawberries out of the fridge and start cutting them into halves.

"Do you want sugar on them?" I ask.

"Yes please!" Mattee says.

I put sugar over them and then bring the bowls to the table. Liv is already eating an apple. Mattee and I start eating our strawberries.

"So what do you guys wanna do next?" Liv asks.

"Um, I don't know! What do you guys want to do?" Mattee says.

"Do you guys wanna go on my trampoline?" I ask.

"Yeah!" Liv and Mattee say in unison. They look at each other and laugh.

"Ok!" I say. We finish our food and then open the screen door. Max runs over and sprints out the door. We all laugh and run out to the trampoline.

Mattee gets on first, then Liv, then me. We all just start jumping around and trying to double bounce each other. Mattee double bounces Liv so flipping high, and Liv lets out the highest pitched scream. Liv lands on her feet, and we all start laughing as hard as we can. We laugh until we're rolling around on the trampoline. Then we start just doing flips. We do just front tucks and back tucks, fulls, arabians, stuff like that.

Mattee does a double full and makes it perfectly. Liv goes and does the same. When I do it, I twist super early and face plant the trampoline. I laugh at myself.

"Are you okay?" Matter asks.

"Yeah I'm fine! Don't worry about it." I say.

"You have no idea how many times I've seen her do that," Liv says.

I laugh and nod. "It's true."

We do a few more flips until we decide to go back inside.