Chapter 9

"Ok girls. Floor is our last event." Cliff says. "Let's see three of each tumbling pass."

Three of each tumbling pass. I think about the assignment we had earlier today when I got kicked out. Three of each pass.

"Um, Cliff?" I ask shyly.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" Cliff asks.

"I.... Um. I'm having trouble, um.... I can't, um...."

"It's okay." Cliff says. "We all have trouble with something. Just tell me! It's gonna be fine. I promise."

"Well, at my old gym, I was having a lot of trouble with my full in. I kept bailing. It got to the point where, my coach, um, well? He kinda kicked me out of the gym...."

"Oh sweety," Cliff pulled me in for a hug. "It's okay. We'll get you your full in. Just do your other tumbling passes first. Save your full in for the end, and I'll help you with it."

I nod and give him a slight smile. I warm up one of each pass in the pit. I then move on to the floor. I start with my two and a half. I stick all three in a row. I stick my first one and a half step out to a double back, but fall on my second one. I stick the last two right in a row. Then I do my three double pikes. I make them all in a row, but my last one has a slight bobble on the landing. I decide to do one extra just in case. I stick that one as well.

"Um, Cliff? I finished all of my passes except for my full in."

"Ok. How about we start with a really high full first. I'm not gonna make you do the full in today. We can start with baby steps and work our way up."

I nod. I walk to the end of the tumble strip that leads into the pit. I run, hurdle, round off, backhandspring, and punch as hard as I can to do the full. I set, and do the full. I then miss my feet and fall onto my back on the foam.

"That was very good. Maybe do two more, then come back to talk to me."

I smile and walk back to the end if the strip. I look to my right and see Liv in the middle of her tumbling pass.

"Come on Liv!" I shout. She does her double tuck flawlessly. "Good job Liv." She turns and flashes me a smile. I smile back.