Chapter 4

I run out the door of the gym, and sit down on one of the two benches next to the parking lot. I start to cry. I cry and cry and cry until I just can't cry anymore. We have a meet in two days, and my coach won't even let me practice. I call my mom on my iPhone, and tell her everything. I wait for her to come pick me up. As I wait, Olivia comes out to talk to me.

"Are you ok?" she asks me. I shake my head no, and start crying again. "That guy," I start, "is supposed to make me a better gymnast. I am supposed to get help and corrections from him. My parents are paying him. And all he does is yell at me. I can't get those words out of my head Liv. He said that I was a waste of time. He cussed at me. And now I don't even know if I'm allowed to compete for this team. What am I gonna do?"

"I don't know." she says. "But I do know that I'm not going to leave your side. He's a jerk. And to be honest, I don't want to be coached by a monster like that."

And that, is why she is my best friend.

"But we have nowhere to go...." I say.

"Oh," she says. "But we do."

"The only gym in this area is 'Perfect 10'. And those are our rivals." I say.

"Not anymore they're not. We don't go here anymore." Liv says.

"So what are you saying?" I say.

"I'm saying that it's time to go to Perfect 10. I think we've found our new gym."