Chapter 23

So now we go up to my room. We get situated in our beds and set up my iPad so that we can all watch a movie together. We decide to watch "Mean Girls," because, I mean, who doesn't love Mean Girls? As we watch, I can feel my eyelids getting heavy. Before I know it, I've already fallen asleep.

I wake up to Mattee right in my face.

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!"

"Ah!" I scream. I press the sleep from my eyes and smile. "How did you sleep?"

"Great! You're mattress is really comfy." she says.

"That's good!" I say.

"Where's Liv? I woke up and she was gone!" Mattee says.

I giggle. "She's fine. I'm sure of it."

"But where is she! I looked all over your whole room!"

I walk down the stairs to the kitchen, and sure enough, there's Liv, stuffing her face with strawberries.

I laugh. "Told you she was fine."

Mattee laughs. "Can I have a banana please?"

Olivia screams. "NOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"What happened? Are you okay?" Mattee asks.

"She's fine," I say with a laugh. "She just really hates bananas. But go ahead and take one!"

"Wow Liv. I still have a lot of things I need to learn about the two of you!"

Boy was she right.

We all get some fruit to eat for breakfast and sit around my table. We talk a little bit about practice and other things like that. Eventually Mattee's mom comes to pick her up.

"Goodbye! Thank you so much for coming!" I say.

"Thank you for having me! See you Monday!"