Chapter 18

Now we have beam again. We go over to Rachel to get our assignments.

"Ok girls. I'm going to give you each an individual assignment. So Mattee, your routine is looking fabulous. I haven't seen you even wobble for almost a week now. You can do beyond dismounts into the pit."

Mattee smiles her big beautiful smile, nods, and walks over to the beam that goes into the pit.

Rachel continues to give assignments to everyone. Liv gets to do beyond dismounts with Mattee.

Eventually I'm the only one standing in front of Rachel.

"Now, I wanted to save you for last. I wanted to talk to you about your routine. You stuck nearly every single skill flawlessly. It looked so easy for you! I want to upgrade your punch front to a standing Arabian."

A standing Arabian? I've never even worked those before.

"Um, are you sure? I've never even worked those before, and I don't even know...."

"Oh Mickey, you're overthinking!" Rachel cuts in. "I see a ton of potential in you young lady. I think you could really go far in this sport."

I smile. "Ok. I'll try it. How do you want me to start?"

"Just start on the floor. I don't want to rush you at all. However, if I think you're ready, I will move you on to the next step. Okay?"

I nod. "Okay."

I go over to the strip of floor that's next to the pit. I try to do a standing arabian into the pit, but it doesn't really work. I kind of giggle to myself. I try again, landing on my feet, but running backwards to regain my balance. On the next one, I flip a lot faster, and stick the landing. I decide to try to make three in a row. I make the next two stuck. I look over at the clock, and realize it's almost time to go to floor. I walk over to Rachel.

"I made three in a row going into the pit. What should I do now?"

"Well, it's almost time for floor anyway. Why don't you just get some water and I'll see how they are on Monday."

I smile and nod. I then get my Gatorade and take a few sips. I keep thinking about what she said to me. "I see a ton of potential in you young lady." I smile to myself. This is turning out to be such an amazing day.