Chapter 20

We did pretty much the same thing we did in the morning on vault. We just built up to our competition vault, until we had to stretch. I sit next to Liv, Mattee, and these two girls named Ella and Caitlyn. Ella had medium length brown hair, was pretty short, and really bubbly. She always seemed to have a smile on her face. Caitlyn had pretty light brown hair, was about the same height as Ella, and was always laughing. We talked as we stretched, mostly just about our best events, favorite events, things we liked to do outside of the gym, stuff like that.

Eventually it was time to leave. Ella, Caitlyn, and I exchange phone numbers. Cliff waves me and Liv over.

"So girls, how was practice?"

Liv speaks up first. "Oh it was great! I really like it here."

Cliff smiles. "Glad to hear it. And you Mickey?"

"I loved it. All the coaches and other teammates were super nice."

"Great! I'm glad you've found it enjoyable. If you wouldn't mind, we would like you two to get fitted for your leos and warm-ups in the office over there." Cliff says.

We nod and walk over to the office. We get fitted for the leos and warm ups, and then we walk back to the cubbies to get our stuff. Mattee is still there.

"Oh hey Mattee! What are you still doing here?" I ask.

"Oh my mom is still at work. She's gonna be a little bit late."

"Maybe my mom can take you to our house! You, me, and Liv could all have a sleepover tonight or something?" I ask, a little nervous that she would say no.

"I would love that! Let me just call my mom."

"Okay! I need to ask too." I say with a giggle.

I dial my moms number. She picks up after three rings.

"Hi mom!"

"Hey Mickey! How was practice?"

"It was great! I was wondering if our new friend Mattee could come home with us today? Then Mattee, Liv, and I could all have a sleepover? And then tomorrow is Saturday so we can work out the details on how to get her home then?"

"That sounds fine! I'll be there in about 5 minutes. Is that okay?"

"Yeah sounds good. See you in a bit."

I hang up and walk back over to them. Mattee nods her head and I smile.

"I'm so excited!"

"Me too!" says Mattee.

"Me three!" says Olivia.

We laugh just as my mom is pulling up.

This day just got even better.