Chapter 22

After we get back inside we decide to get a snack.

"Do you want some popcorn?" I ask Mattee.

"Yeah sure!"

We pop two bags of popcorn. We then go up to my room.

"So Mattee, who are some of your good friends at the gym?" Liv asks.

"Well, I really like Kristin, and Cassie!"

"I like Kristin too. She's so friendly!" I say.

"I know right! And her double twisting yurchenko is perfect." Liv says.

"So what do you guys wanna do now? We can do whatever you guys want." I say.

"Do you have a wii or something?" Mattee asks.

"Yeah she does!" Liv answers for me. "Wanna go play on it?"

"Yeah sure!" Mattee says.

We head down to my basement and I turn on the tv.

"Ok, we have just dance 1, 2, 3, 4, and 2014, mario kart, Mario party...."

"I don't care what we play! We can play whatever you guys want!" Mattee says.

"Do you like just dance?" Liv asks.

"Yeah! Who doesn't?" Mattee says.

I laugh. "Just dance it is! Let's play 2014."

We put the disc in and choose a song. We play a few (Mattee totally kicked Liv's and my butt) and then decide to play Mario kart.

We talk as we play. Liv plays first.

"So Mattee, how long have you been going to Perfect 10?" I ask. Liv yelps as she turns right off the road. I laugh.

"Since it opened! Conveniently enough, as soon as I moved here from where I used to live, it had literally just been built. So we walked in, I had an evaluation just like you guys, and they put me in level 5/6 tops. I moved up to level 7 mid year, did a full year of 8, another full year of 9, and now I'm a 10! This is my second year of 10."

"Cool! Liv and I used to go to 'Practice Makes Perfect.' We have been next door neighbors and best friends for, well, ever. When the gym opened up we went in for mommy and me classes with our parents, and they saw a lot of 'potential' in us. We moved up to level 4 when we were 5 years old and we've been moving up together ever since." I say with a smile.

"That's so cute! And can I just say, you guys are amazing! I can tell you work very hard." Mattee says.

"Us? I was thinking the same thing about you! You work so hard!" I say.

"Okay I'm done! Who wants to go next?" Liv says.

"I will I guess," I say.

I play a few races. Before we know it, it's 11:30.

"Do you guys wanna go up to my room? We can watch Netflix and stuff on my iPad!" I say.

"Yeah sure!" Liv and Mattee say in unison. We all laugh.