Dead End (Vol 6)

Maron: You can't be serious! What do you mean you'll be acting on your own.

Adam: I'm grateful that you've stayed loyal to me for so long, but this is where we'll be parting ways, I'll handle the rest on my own. The white fang is through Maron, go live you life.

Maron: Your right... I have been nothing but loyal, a trait I thought you respected. I still remember the day we met, it was five years ago. Assassins had just murdered my parents, some corrupt Mistral council member didn't like how much my father spoke up for faunus rights, so he decided to take him out, along with my mother and burned our house down. They would've gotten me too if wasn't for the fact I hid like a coward. I lost everything that day, I couldn't even leave the ruined remains of my home. I just curled up into a ball cradling my dad's weapon.

Adam: (looks up solemnly) I remember that day. I had come to recruit your father for our cause. You were young and eager for revenge, but I told you, all you'd be doing was running to your death.

Maron: (chuckles dryly) Yeah, I didn't realize then but you were right, so I asked you to train me and you did. Two years of grueling training I endured, I learned your sword techniques, I mastered my semblance and thanks to that I got my revenge on the corrupt council member and the assassins, everyone that ruined my life, I took my time letting them suffer. After that I didn't really have anywhere else to go, so I pledged to become your blade and take out anyone who'd oppose you. So at the very least you owe me a damn explanation.

A long moment of silence passed, Maron's eyes burned with anger staring at the man he'd sworn his life to that now wouldn't even look him in the eyes.

Maron: Answer me Damn it!

Adam: It's a family matter, it doesn't concern you.

With those final words Adam leaves, Maron feeling defeated only watches him go

Maron: ....Fine then.

Extending his jet black wings, the Raven faunus takes off into the night sky.

Timeskip

The following morning the three teams and Qrow made their way to the Argus military base only to have it slammed shut in their faces. Yang puts her hands on the bars of the gate to speak to the guards.

Yang: Come on! You didn't even hear us out!

Nubuck Guard 1: Our orders are clear: The Mistral-Atlas border is closed!

Nubuck Guard 2: Please!

Nubuck Guard 1: Have a good day!

Yang: But--

Both Nubuck Guards: A good day!!

Vlad: This is a waste of time.

Wendy: Easy, we're not looking to pick a fight with the military.

You: Heh if the rest are anything like these guys, I'd doubt we'd have much to worry about.

Qrow: Hey, if you don't wanna believe that I'm friends with Ironwood--

Both Nubuck Guards: General Ironwood!

Qrow: Yeah, General Ironwood, then fine. But look, we have Weiss Schnee with us and we're trying to get her home safely.

Weiss looks down with reluctance upon hearing Qrow say that. The two guards look to each other before turning their attention back to the group.

Both Nubuck Guards: Approach!