False Pretense (Vol 4)

As the four members of Team RNJR continue out of the village of team Oniyuri, Ren suddenly senses something. He puts out his hand to stop the other three, eyes closing as he focuses. Ren draws his weapon. Ruby, Nora and Jaune immediately follow suit. Tyrian soon leaps high over the wall to engage them in combat.

Jaune steps in at that moment and Tyrian climbs onto his shield and grins at him. Nora rushes in with Magnhild, but Tyrian just leaps from Jaune's shield to her hammer and up through the top story of a narrow, rectangular building. Holding himself up with his feet on wooden frames to either side of him, Tyrian looks down at Team RNJR.

Jaune: We're not looking for a fight!

Ren: Who are you?

Tobias: So many questions but sadly we don't have the time to answer.

The members of team RNJR all look in shock and awe to see Tobias standing directly behind them as Tyrian drops from the tower, does a front flip, and lands on his feet in front of them.

Jaune: (glares) Tobias! You have some nerve showing yourself after everything you've done.

Tobias: Heh what I've done? Shifting the blame a little aren't we?

Jaune: What?

Nora: (looks at Tyrian) Who's this guy?

Tyrian: Who I am matters not to you. (points to Ren) Or you. (points to Nora) Or— (cuts himself off and pauses) Well... you do interest me. (pointing to Jaune)

Jaune gasps nervously.

Tyrian: No, I only matter to you.

He points to Ruby, and the rest of RNJR turn to look at her. She tilts her head in confusion.

Ruby: Me?

Tobias: Lucky you little red.

Tyrian: (breaks down into laughter) You, you haven't the slightest clue, do you? Oh, how exciting this must be.

Ruby: What do you want?

Tyrian begins acting dramatically in response to her tone of voice.

Tyrian: Oh, the rose has thorns! My little flower, I'm here to whisk you away with us!

Nora: Well, what if she doesn't want to go with you?

He stares for a moment with his lips scrunched up before answering.

Tyrian: Well, We'll take her.

Jaune walks over and stands between him and Ruby, his shield held in front of him as Ren and Nora go to block Tobias from Ruby.

Jaune: We're not going to let you do that.

Tyrian closes his eyes and inhales through his teeth. His eyes slowly open, and he happily growls a single word with a dark grin.

Tyrian: Good. Tobias you stand back.

Delighted that they're willing to fight, Tyrian moves fast to attack Jaune from behind.

Ren: Jaune!

Ren deliberately shoots Jaune's shield so that the ricochet hits Tyrian. Tyrian covers his eyes with his arm and then cartwheels onto Jaune's shield, using his claw blades to spin in the air against it. Ruby steps in to face Tyrian on his descent, but he just kicks her to the side and continues his fight with Jaune, Ren, and Nora.

Ruby: (to Tobias) Why are you doing this, I know we weren't close but I thought we all friends?

Tobias steps towards Ruby who had crescent rose raised in front of her, he use his semblance to launch her towards himself before wrapping his tail around her body to keep her still.