Breaking Point (Vol 4)

Tobias POV

Waiting outside the Tavern it started to rain. Tobias had always hated the rain, the sky darkens, the water always felt cold, and it reminded him of the day his life turned into a living nightmare.

Flashback
10 years ago

In the continent of Anima it's not uncommon for villages to come under attack by Grimm every now and then. If you were lucky enough to have a village huntsman you could always rebuild and continue living but if you weren't so fortunate then you lost your home and worst case your life.

The village of  Oniyuri was the most recent settlement founded by the wealthy elites that were fed up with how the Mistral council ran things in the Kingdom. They attempted to make their own city that they had hoped would one day become a Kingdom of its own. Though the village was in still in construction many people had already came to make it their home and many businesses have been established.

Tobias (age 9): (shivering) Hurry up already, it's cold as hell out here.

Lily (age 16): (running while holding a bag) Geez would it kill you to have some patience.

Tobias: What's in the bag?

Lily: (smiles and hands it to him) It's a present.

Tobias opens the bag and inside it was a long white scarf.

Tobias: (surprised) You got this for me?

Lily: (smiles) Like it?

Tobias: (starts to walk away) Stupid, why would you waste your money on a gift like this?

Lily: (sighs)Just can't be honest can you? It's normal to get presents for family isn't it.

Tobias:....

As the two of them walk Tobias notices Lily shivering from the cold herself. Without a word he gets close to Lily and takes the scarf and wraps it around his and her shoulders.

Lily: (surprised) Huh?

Tobias: (slightly red) You looked cold.

Lily: Thanks Tobi.

Tobias: Hmph.

The two walked until they arrived at a rundown house near the edge of the village. As they entered the house they were greeted by a group of 4 children that they've been living with. All these children were the lone survivors of other villages that had been attacked by grimm. Some had been lucky enough to been saved by huntsmen and then left at this village like Lily while others like Tobias were found passed out in the outskirts of the village.

Nate (age: 12): About time you got back, did you bring us some food we're starving.

Tobias: How about you help earn some lien for food then.

Nate: (proud) Heh if I left who would guard the house?

Sally (age: 7): Didn't you scream like a girl when you saw a mouse earlier?