Haven's Fate (Vol 5)

Y/n look down at his partner before turning back to the enemies that stood in front of them.

You: We can catch up later, right now we got other problems to deal with.

Vlad: (stands up) Can't argue with that.

You: You two help out team RWBY, I'll deal with Tobi.

Wendy: Got it.

Vlad: Right.

Weiss: Alright. (holding Myrtenaster defensively) Well, what's the plan, Ruby?

Ruby nods. Lionheart tries to launch an attack on her, but Ruby shoots at his shoulder. Lionheart runs out of the room through the doors behind him in fear.

Mercury: (watching Lionheart run away) You've gotta be kidding me...

Hazel lets out a fearsome roar, while Tobias, Emerald and Mercury just watch him. Ruby calls out their team attack.

Ruby: Checkmate!

Blake and Weiss run forward, followed closely behind by their leader with Vlad and Wendy backing them up. At the same time you made your way to Tobias.

Tobias: I never expected to see you again.

You: Well you know how stubborn I can be.

Tobias dashes forward with his blades in hand, he goes for a downward slash that you block with your sword.

You: Your holding back.

Tobias: Just getting started.

Tobias whips his tail towards you as you dodge back before activating his semblance to propel you back against the wall. He then lunges at you his blade pointed at your sides as you sunk into your shadow to avoid the hit.

Tobias: (surprised) What?

You then rose up behind Tobias and kicked him into the wall. You then pressed your sword up against his throat.

Tobias: (wry smile) So is this the part where you kill me?

You: No.

You step back away from Tobias causing him to fall to his knees on the floor, he then stares up at you in genuine disbelief.

Tobias: No? What do you mean no?

You: I saw it. When you sent Vlad flying and he landed in front of that big guy, I saw that look of fear on your face. Even back at the fairgrounds when Beacon fell you protected Wendy while she was unconscious. You didn't even give me a fatal wound when we fought.

Tobias: (growls) Shut up!

You: You care don't you?

Tobias stands up his eyes blazing and points one of his blades at your throat.

Tobias: Are you willing to stake your life on that! I don't have friends, don't you get it yet I'm the villain... (voice cracking) you all should've just stayed away.

You: (calm) And yet here we are.

Tobias's hand trembled.

Tobias: (shaking) Thats because your all nothing but idiots incapable of taking a hint.

You: Your probably right. But in any case I'm here and I want to help you.

Tobias: (lowers blade) That might be your biggest mistake yet.

A voice then gains everyone's attention.

Ruby: That's enough! Just give up.

Mercury snarls and yells in frustration, slamming his fist into the ground.