Necessary Sacrifice (Vol 5)

Tobias POV

Opening the heavy doors to the Conference hall Tobias hesitantly enters, and sitting at the end of the long table Salem sat with her eyes closed.

Tobias: (nervously) You wanted to see me your grace.

Salem: (slowly opens eyes) Yes, after Tyrian's failure to secure the silver eyed girl and losing his stinger he's become rather indisposed for the moment.

Tobias:....What would you like me to do?

Salem: I would like for you to accompany Cinder to Haven to acquire the spring maiden and retrieve the relic.

Tobias: If I may your grace.... We already have Lionheart's loyalty it should be a simply matter to just-

Salem drums her fingers on the table, Tobias notices this and silenced himself.

Salem: According to your report the children were on their way to Mistral, I've gotten word from Watts that they've made contact with Leo and from that we learned Springs whereabouts. She may not be easy to convince that's where you come in, consider it your punishment for also failing me.

Tobias: (bows head) Yes, consider it done.

With that Tobias hurries out of the conference room, as the large doors close behind him he lets out a sigh of relief.

Cinder: Looks like we'll be working together again.

Tobias: (glares) Eavesdropping really?

Cinder: You should be happy, getting to see your old friends again.

Tobias: Hmph.

Cinder: Now now little snake, shouldn't we get along after we aren't so different you and I.

Tobias glance at Cinder's face, the smile she wore made him feel disgusted.

Tobias: You must've lost your mind along with your eye if you think I'm anything like you. (Walks away)

Cinder: (frowns) Mocking to hide your fear are we?

Tobias: (smirks) If that's the way you wanna see it, go ahead.

Menagerie

After spending the whole morning trying to collect signatures and failing you ended up taking a break outside a seaside restaurant, Resting your head on the table, you glanced up when you saw Blake approaching with two drinks in hand.

Blake: (Setting down coconut cup in front of you) You look like you could use this.

You: (lifts head) Oh thanks. (Takes sip) Where's Sun?

Blake: (sitting with her own cup) He said he was checking out the rainforest district.

You: Hmm maybe he's having better luck, everyone's too afraid to even look at me.

Blake: (rest her hand on yours) Don't let it get to you. I'm sure one day they'll see you the way I do.

You: (smiles) Yeah I Hope so. Anyway I've been meaning to ask, what do you plan on doing after we stop the attack on Haven?

Blake: I- I'm not sure yet.

You: You could always try contacting your team.

Blake:(looks down).....

You: I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-

Blake: No, it's okay. (silent for a moment) Have you ever met someone and thought to yourself, "They are the personification of this word."