♡ Yugyeom : Closer

The bell chimed and the girl he was waiting for entered the store. Yugyeom immediately shot up from his seat, as if he worked in a restaurant and he were to take the girl's order.

She picked up a bag of chips, a cup of noodles, and a strawberry milk box. She handed it over to Yugyeom who placed them in a bag, to which she waved her hands and said, "No, its okay! I'll eat them here."

She always had her food in the store. Yugyeom only "placed" them in a bag so she can talk to him, even if it were just a sentence. Truthfully, she was kinda getting annoyed. It was the same guy at the counter every weekend, yet he still doesn't catch up to the fact that she never takes her food out.

He took peeks from the counter as the girl opened up the bag of chips, and noticed the way she cutely chews her food. Even Yugyeom himself found it creepy sometimes, but he just couldn't help to look at her.

One day, the girl came in and picked up her usual stuff, giving it to the cashier who happened to be someone else, not Yugyeom.

"Where's Yugyeom?"

The cashier tilted his head.

"The guy who used to work here every weekend? Tall, dark hair..."

"Oh! Kim Yugyeom! He said he wanted to focus more on school, so he resigned."

She was shocked, she could've given him the invitation earlier.

"Well do you have his number or something?"

"Sorry, we can't give out our employees personal info -"

"Pleaaase? I'll invite you to my birthday as well if you do. Just please?"

"Wow, you must be a con artist. Okay whatever, you must be close so, here."

Actually, they weren't. In fact, they've never had a full conversation. The longest conversation they've had was probably about the national test coming up soon when she bought nuts and coffee.

"Thank you so much!"

She handed him an invitation to her birthday party before heading for the door. She immediately called the number written on a piece of paper. It took several rings before she heard a morning voice from the other side of the phone.

"H-hello? Who's this?"

She was going to say her name, but she remembered that they never got to formally introduce themselves.

"I'm the girl who comes to the convenience store every weekend."

Yugyeom immediately thought of her, but she went on to explain further.

"Noodles, chips, milk?" They said in unison.

"Oh my God, you memorized it," she chuckled.

"What made you call?"

"Well, I was going to invite you somewhere."

"Me?"

"Yes you. Oh! I also invited the new worker."

"To where?"

"My 18th birthday party! It's a simple celebration really."

Yugyeom blushed like a tomato. His heart was everywhere, going crazier every second.

"W-why? I mean I'd love to go but, me?"

"Yeah! I've been wanting to get closer to you for the longest time, you just didn't know it."

"Me too! I was just too shy-"

"That's great! I'll see you an Saturday, okay? I'll text you the details, see you!"

"Wait! You've never told me your name."

"_____."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

helloo its been a while since i've updated this book,, and it was so fun writing this chapter! i hope you can check out my other book as well, it's called "cure," an im jaebum fanfic. thank you so much for reading! every read, vote, and comment means so much to me, more than you know.