♡ Youngjae : Brighter

"Why are you here alone?"

You looked up to see who was talking, after you were working undisturbed in your classroom. You put down your paintbrush and looked at Youngjae.

"Oh, well, my friends finished early, so I kinda have to work here alone."

You were in the middle of explaining when he began to wander around the arts room, looking at several works made by your classmates, and of course, the ones made by you.

He took a painting down from the wall and stared at it, as if he was trying to derive out every meaning behind that work of yours. "This one is nice."

"I made that," you said softly, looking down as you continued working on your current painting. He ran his hands lightly over the painting he was still holding, "so what's it about? I'm sure there's a deeper meaning behind it."

"Yeah, actually. Although you're the first person who actually asked me about it, so excuse my explanation," you chuckled, half serious.

"So this girl right here, leaving with a broken heart in her hands, is completely facing the left, see?" You pointed out, "she's facing the dark clouds with rain, that represented something that hurt her, it could've been anything."

"Now, this guy right here, is facing the her, but he's behind her, yet he's on the side with sunshine," you continued.

He was nodding the whole time, but you just aren't satisfied. Your explanation didn't do your painting justice.

"Basically what I mean is -"

"That the girl only needed to turn her back one last time to see that someone actually cares for her?"

"...yeah, that's right," you nodded slowly, surprised that he already knew.

"She's too focused on the parts that hurt her, instead of looking towards where she could've been happier, but she refused to," he continued.

You didn't know exactly why, but his words hit you like a giant truck. It was your painting anyways, yet why did its meaning, when told by somebody else, hurt you?

"Exactly, you responded, after giving his words much thought.

"But it isn't too late, _____, she still has a chance to look back," he said, his voice so reassuring.

"Yes, of course, she will," you replied.

"If she really will give him a chance," he began, before slowly grabbing your hand,

"let me be him then, you'll be her."

"I'll be the one under sunshines, and I'll always be the one behind your back. Even when you think everything starts to go wrong, I'll be right behind you and you're free to look back whenever you please, can we keep it that way, for now?"

You smiled, nodded, and gave him a slight squeeze on his hands that were still holding yours.

"Then you could be the one to stand right beside me," you said, knowing that now, things are going to change; tears will turn into laughter, and days will be much brighter.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Heyyy! Hope you all liked this one! Don't forget to vote and comment on stories you liked! Have a great dayyy