♡ Mark : School

"Hey."

A soft voice trailed through your ears, and his hand landed on your shoulder.

"Let's go?"

You lifted your head up that has been resting on your arms on your table. You turned around to see that your book bag was already hanging on his shoulder, and that the lights had already been turned off, the room quiet and empty.

"You've been here for the last ten minutes, _____," he said with a soft chuckle, his smile instantly fading.

"Are you okay?" He asked, voice full of concern. Now that it was your turn to speak, you realized that you have stayed quiet the entire time he has been standing there.

"Yeah," you nodded sleepily as you picked up the rest of your things.

A piece of paper fell as you were compiling the rest of your things, and Mark was quick to grab it before it fell to the ground.

"96, not bad," he said as he handed you your Science test paper that was returned earlier that day. You quickly grabbed the paper back and stuffed it in your folder, making sure every part of it was covered by something else, or at least, the "96" mark wasn't visible.

Heading out, the skies seemed darker than yesterday. You tilted your neck left, right, front, and back, trying to lessen the tension around the muscles of your neck. It made a cracking sound, loud enough so Mark could hear.

"Ow!"

"There, there." He massaged your neck and your whole body felt weak at his sudden touch.

Walking out of school, he slid his hands into yours and sticked closer by your side as you neared home.

"Well, I guess that's goodbye for now," Mark said, as his smile slowly faded, and he got closer to hug you before you left.

Without any hesitation, you buried your head at the crook of his neck, and allowed your tears to freely escape from your eyes that have been holding it in for so long.

"_____? Hey, tell me whats wrong," you can tell he was panicking inside, but he had to keep his cool for the both of you.

"Mark, I just," your tears have been taking over the most of you, and the no matter how hard you tried, you words were always being drowned in tears, just like how they always are.

"Hey, I'm here, okay?"

"Mark, no, you don't -" you took a deep breath in to possibly be able to speak better, but to no avail, you just couldn't get the words out.

Settling yourself by the side of the road, you finally gathered up your senses to speak up and tell him what's going on.

"Mark, I'm tired!"

"These days, I never get enough sleep. Why? Because of those stupid school work that I do for grades. I mean, when is enough, enough?"

You gulped.

Would he be another one of those people who say, "but your grades are good?! Huh, mine are even worse," because they don't make you feel better.

He engulfed you into his embrace, "it's pretty tough, I know."

"But look at me, _____, I know you can do this. Just," he placed a chaste kiss on your forehead, and pulled away maintaining eye contact, "take care of your health, please? Stop staying up too late at night."

"How did you know I stay up late at -"

"You think putting on concealer under your eyes hides it all from me? It doesn't, _____, because I love you and, I care for you."

You were silenced. You always thought Mark disregarded your hardships and worries because he's usually quiet, but you never knew he noticed even the smallest of things.

"Too much coffee is unhealthy too, stop bringing them to school everyday."

You nodded.

"_____, things are gonna go well soon, you trust me, right?"
"Just know that I'll always, always be here for you, no matter what. Give yourself a break sometimes."

"I love you, okay?"

You smiled, nodding your head. You pointed to the door in front of your house, "I better go now."

He hugged you one last time, "I'll see you tomorrow."