Chapter 7 - What Brenda Said Isn't True

The drive to Sarah's house was silent. Billy and Denise hadn't said a word to each other. The air was filled with awkwardness and fear. Billy glanced over at her a few times to see her leaning her head against the cold window.

"What Brenda said in her letter, about you being a slut, it's not true," Billy said, breaking the silence.

Denise just scoffed at his statement.

"Brenda's just insecure. Don't let it get under your skin. We just need to figure out what the hell is going on," Billy continued.

"Was insecure," Denise corrected him, finally breaking her own silence.

Billy ignored her comment. He knew Denise was hurting. He decided not to push any further and they both returned to silence until they arrived at Sarah's house.

Billy stopped his car on the opposite side of the street. He took the keys out of the ignition and stepped out of the car.

"Wait," Denise exclaimed. "Are you sure you want to park the car here? We should park it somewhere so we can still see it while we're talking to Sarah. Just incase someone tries to mess with it, or leave another envelope on it."

"There's no where else to park it. The driveway is full," Billy pointed out.

"Okay, I'll go get Sarah, you stay right here," Denise decided.

Billy chuckled then nodded in agreement. He watched as Denise ran to Sarah's window and started slightly knocking on it. Her window slid open and Billy watched their mouths moved. He couldn't make out any of the conversation, but Denise started motioning for Sarah to come outside. Billy noticed the window close, and Denise started running back to his car.

"She's coming," Denise confirmed.

Sarah came out of her front door with a red jacket, black sweatpants and black shoes on. She jogged to Billy's car while putting her hair up.

"So, what the fuck is going on," Sarah asked, gaining a chuckle from Denise.

Billy opened his car door and grabbed the two packages out of his backseat. "You need to look at these," Billy explained.

Sarah opened the enveloped with Billy's name on it and read the first letter she pulled out. Her eyes started widening as she made her way down the letter. "How did you get this," Sarah asked.

"It was left at my door earlier. Do you have any idea who Sally Barker is," Billy questioned, hoping she'd know something.

"I don't. What's in this other envelope," Sarah wondered.

"Pictures," Denise said, gaining a confused look from Sarah. "Pictures of Brenda. Like someone was stalking her."

"Are you serious," Sarah gasped.

"We don't know who took them, or who gave them to us. All we know is that someone was following her," Billy added.

"How do you plan on figuring out who it was," Sarah inquired.

"I'll explain more on the way," Billy stated.

"On the way," Sarah asked, confused. "Where are we going?"

"Just get in the car," Billy demanded.

Sarah rolled her eyes and got in the car. She buckled her seat as Billy started driving out of her neighborhood.

~

Billy had been driving for 15 minutes. He hadn't told Denise or Sarah where he was going.

"Wait a minute," Denise spoke as she began noticing the houses along the side. "Are we going to Peter's house?"