Chapter 1 - New Student

"Billy! Wake up, honey. You're going to be late for school," Billy's mom shouted from behind his locked door.

His eyes barely opened. He had only fallen asleep three hours ago. He snuck out last night to hangout with his girlfriend, Brenda, and they lost track of time.

"William, what have I told you about locking your door," she exclaimed, using his first name.

"Jesus, I'm up, Linda," he shouted back, using her first name.

He stood up and stretched. The sounds of all of his limbs popping was prominent. He walked over to the door and unlocked it. He opened it to a very upset mother.

"Do not call me Linda again. We've talked about that," she demanded.

"Sorry, I'm just really tired," he explained.

She grabbed his face and turned it left and right. She noticed the hickies on his neck and the dark circles under his eyes.

"How long did you sleep for last night," she asked, ignoring the loud marks on his neck.

Billy wiggled his head out of his mother grasp and walked to the bathroom, ignoring her question.

"William," she questioned, demanding a response from him.

"Like, three hours," he admitted.

"William! What were you up all night doing," she questioned.

Billy started thinking of a lie. He knew that if he told her he was out all night with Brenda, then she'd ground him and he'd never get to see her.

"I was reading," he blurted.

His mom held back her chuckle. She knew he wasn't reading. She knew he was lying. She wasn't going to say anything on a count of she also lied when she was his age.

"Well, stop reading too late. You need sleep," she comforted, while sliding her hand down his arm.

Billy finally exhaled. He thought for sure he was going to get caught in a lie. He convinced himself that his mom was too dumb and mistook her leniency for it.

He walked into the bathroom and turned on his shower. He waited for the water to heat up before getting in. He lost track of time in the shower. He would just think in there. About his life and what he was gonna do with it. He didn't know.

"Fuck," Billy shouted, as a stinging sensation built in his eye.

He shut off the water and jumped out of the shower. Shampoo started dripping into his eyes. He grabbed his towel and started intensely wiping his eye, trying to rid his eye of the sting feeling. Once the feeling disappeared, he dried the rest of his body off and wrapped his towel around his waist.

~

Billy pulled up to the school with only five minutes to get inside. He took the key out of the ignition and got out of his car. He was immediately embraced by his girlfriend, Brenda.

"Hi baby," she exclaimed, kissing him. The kiss lasted for 5 seconds before Billy pulled away.

"Shit, you scared me," he gasped.

"Sorry, I didn't expect you to be so on edge today."

"I'm not, I just wasn't expecting it," he smiled, pulling her in for another kiss to make sure she didn't think anything was wrong.

Billy interlocked their hands and they started walking towards the entrance of the school. They walked to Brenda's first period, math, then Billy's first period, history... like they've done everyday for the past year they've been dating.