Chapter 25 - You Deserve Worse

Two months had passed since Bradley had talked to the police. Billy, Peter, and Sarah corroborated his story which officially made Dominic a person of interest in Brenda's murder. It wasn't until the police showed up to get him, and saw that he had ran away from his parents house, that he became the prime suspect in the investigation.

Billy and his friends were wary of him, but slowly started to get back to normal. Billy had gotten caught up in all of his classes and managed to finish the semester with all passing grades. He and Peter had continued their relationship in private, officially considering each other their boyfriend.

Bradley hung around his jock friends less, and around Billy more. The two had been back in a place they hadn't been in in years. Peter, Sarah, and Denise were accommodating, considering Bradley helped end everything that had been going on. And because he'd gotten six months of community service and a year of probation for the part he played. He stuck his neck out for the group and they owed him a lot for it.

Billy had been feeling extra happy and decided to invite his friends over for a little get together. He wanted to thank them for everything they'd done for him the past eight months. Billy had spent the entire day getting his house together. Thankfully, his mom was at work and had the night shift, so him and his friends could sneak in her liquor cabinet.

The house was clean, the liquor was set out, and he had a couple movies picked out for them to watch. He plopped down on the couch to wait for Peter to show up. He always showed up first so they could hang out just the two of them before everyone else came.

Billy heard a knock on his door and shot up. He walked over to the door, slightly limping, with a smile etched across his face. The door swung open, and his smile dropped.

"No—" he immediately tried to slam the door, but was stopped by two hands pushing it back open.

He gave up and tried to run away, but his limp had him at a considerable disadvantage. The man caught up to him and smothered a cloth right on Billy's face. He tried to hold his breath, but it was no use. He felt his eyes getting heavy and his body start to go numb.

"Don't worry, Coleridge. You're going to see our pretty girlfriend soon," Dominic whispered, just as Billy lost consciousness.

He picked up Billy's lifeless body and carried him to a black truck. His face sporting nothing other than a look of determination. Dominic placed him in the back seat, not even slightly gentle, and slammed the door behind himself. He opened the driver seat door and pulled out an envelope. He walked back to Billy's house and taped it right on his front door. Dominic heard the remming of an engine from down the road and swiftly made his way back to his truck, driving away shortly after.

Peter walked up to Billy's house, smiling from ear to ear. He went up to the door and began sporting a confused look. The envelope taped to the door reminded him so much of when Billy got an envelope full of letters from Dominic.

Dominic...

Peter ripped it off the door and opened it in a panic. He pulled out a folded piece of paper. He unfolded it, holding his breath.

Billy's gone to meet his girlfriend!

Love, Dominic

Peter's heart sank. His thoughts were scrambled and his hands began to shake. Bradley pulled into the driveway with Sarah and Denise just as Peter fell to the ground. The three teens rushed out of the car over to him.

"Pete?! What's wrong?" Bradley asked as he ran over, dropping to Peter's level when he reached him.

Peter, emotionless, handed him the letter.