Her eyes took on a strange gleam then."You will always be mine. Now if you are finished fleeing from me, I suggest we get you out of the cold before you freeze to death."

I jerked my gaze back to hers in disbelief and anger, shaking my head, wincing as my wet hair stuck to the snow. I tried to force myself to react, but I simply didn't have the strength or energy to fight her as she crossed the stream and pulled me into her arms, wrapping my naked body in her cloak, once more carrying me through the forest. I couldn't deny it anymore, the way I sunk into her arms like butter melting on toast. "D-d-don't," I tried to protest, hissing through my teeth at the pain of my frozen skin warming against hers. I could barely make out the cut of her jawline through my hooded lids, but her chest vibrated as she spoke, her words uncharacteristically soft despite her terrifying appearance.

"Hush. We will continue this fight when you are well enough to speak." I fell silent, having given up and accepted the fact that I wouldn't be escaping again anytime soon. I faded in and out of consciousness as she carried me, time and landscape passing me by. My mind was a whirlwind of confusing dreams. Some were of my family, others were of my aunt Vienna and her strange witchy powers. I finally came to when she accidentally jostled me, a flicker of apology flashing through her eyes. I reinforced the wall in my mind even at the cost of my energy, refusing to let her get to me. It was almost surprising to me that despite all the fighting, betrayal and her having tried to sever our bond, that it still remained intact. My stomach bottomed out as we entered a familiar clearing, the roof of the homey cabin and stable quickly coming into view. I struggled weakly, but she wasn't having it as her arms tightened around me.

"Take me back," I spat out, having finally regained the ability to speak without shivering. "Anywhere but here."

She ignored me and set her jaw, heading straight for the front doors. I seethed, loathing the tears that brimmed in my eyes at the passionate memories we had shared here once, when we were happy. Maneuvering me slightly, she managed to get the doors open, revealing the interior of the cabin. Everything looked the same. The long island connecting to the kitchen and it's immaculate marble counter remained flawless. The living room was beautifully furnished, with cream colored couches contrasting nicely with the mahogany wood. An impossibly large and strange looking rectangle thing hung on the wall above the fireplace, wires dangling from the bottom of it. I figured it must be some new technology the vampires had created to satisfy their lazy, ignorant selves. The room vanished from view as she crossed into the bedroom, pain lancing through my chest at the sight of the canopy bed, now newly made with fresh sheets. For a moment I had been terrified that it would still be rumpled from the last time we were here.

I wonder how many times Nathaniel has been here. My mood darkened as the thought ran through my head.

I refused to look at her as she finally set me down on the counter in the bathroom, her dark eyes pinning me with a fierce look. "If you run, I will spank you." I ignored the way my body shivered in pleasure at the threat and bared my teeth, snarling at her while I pulled the cloak farther around me.

"Do it, I dare you." I knew my eyes flashed yellow, yet she merely smiled mischievously before turning away to draw the bath. When steam began to rise from the water, she turned back to me. I swatted her hands away as she moved to lift me off of the counter.

"Don't." I warned, wincing in pain as I slid off of the smooth surface, the rough edge scraping my back. Surprisingly she complied, stepping back and crossing her arms over her chest as I hobbled over to the tub. My hesitation grew as I looked into the water, a grimace forming when I caught sight of my birds nest hair and filthy skin, caked with mud and dried blood. I sighed and dropped the cloak, not caring about modesty since she'd already seen everything anyway. A low growl split the tense air but I ignored it and climbed into the tub, whimpering as I carefully lowered myself into the hot water.