Fifty Six: Dare

PART TWO

"Have We Met Before" (feat

"Have We Met Before" (feat. Eric Nam)

By: Sara Barrios

&

"Code Black"

By: Grace Gaustad

"Wait, what do you mean she kissed you?!"

My voice rang high and I jerked my head up, pinning her with my best stare. We'd been chatting back and forth and admittedly I had grown distracted with my work and didn't hear much of what she had been saying until the words "Camille" and "she kissed me" registered with my sleep-deprived brain. Emilee just looked at me, pure exasperation on her face. I shuffled the papers in my hands and rose a brow, my lips twitching with restrained laughter. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, leaning back in the rickety wooden chair.

"If you'd been listening, you'd have heard the part about the mouth-to-mouth and the anger and the weird sexual tension. But because I really don't feel like going back, yeah, she kissed me." She stated, brows furrowing in pained thought.

"Emilee-" I started, but she cut me off. My wolf wanted to growl but I forbade it. I was Emilee's alpha, yes, but right now she needed a friend more.

"Don't."

Dark circles shadowed her beautiful eyes as she shook her head. "Trust me, I know."

She smiled sadly, the planes of her face were no doubt as icy and depthless as the land she was born in. Setting the papers down softly, I sighed and stood.

"I could use a break, and I have the perfect idea planned."

When she looked confused, I grinned, reaching for my crown and gently dislodging it from my hair. I'd left it down today, which was a rarity since it was so untamable. But I had the luxury of using scented soap that Camille had managed to scrounge up for me, which was even more-so a rarity, so I took the advantage.

"Come with me."

I grabbed her hand and towed her out of my little apartment, heading for the dense forestry surrounding the town's border. My throat tingled with warning as I moved into the trees, remembering the last time I had done so. When we were a safe distance from the town, I dropped Emilee's hand and pulled off my shirt, reaching for my boots. My beta just stared at me for a moment, mouth agape, before she rushed into action, pulling off her shirt and pants. I laughed at her red face, balling my clothes up and storing them in a nearby tree hollow. I left my underwear on for the sake of modesty, though among wolves, there usually wasn't time for it. When we were ready, I called on the shift, feeling my muscles bunch and tighten as power rippled over my skin. The pain came, seizing my body in its unforgivable vice, but I was able to breathe through it now.