Fifty Six: Truth

PART ONE

For Your Love

For Your Love

By: Gunnar Gehl

&

Smoke Filled Room

By: Kygo

I watched as Kore paced back and forth in our little apartment, her wings dragging across the patchy carpet behind her. She had shed her armor for one of my grey tanks and a pair of soft sleep pajamas. Tension and anger radiated in the space between us yet I stood perfectly still, watching her as she processed the events that had occurred in her absence. Her long hair whipped around her as she finally stopped, turning towards the front door. Jaw clenched, she walked right by me, not saying a word. I knew she'd be furious when she learned of Adam, my decision, and the fact that I had not consulted her first about it. It was righteous anger, and I deserved it. Which is why I did not stop her. But her name did leave my mouth, an aching sense of loss unfurling in my chest, making it hard to breathe.

"Kore-," I plead, reaching for her, but she just shook her head sharply and held up her hand. I could see the muscles in her jaw flexing as she struggled to rein back her anger.

"Don't." She spoke sharply, then sighed, her fingers gentle where they ghosted across my cheek. "I'm not going to leave the town again. Just....give me a moment."

I did as she asked and fell silent, watching when she turned to face me, her lips warm as she kissed my forehead. I sucked in the sweet citrusy scent of her, and my wolf purred. The ache in my chest strained painfully when she pulled away and exited the apartment, shutting the door softly behind her.

Now it was my turn to pace. Anxiety and paranoia worked a deadly path through my mind, souring my stomach. It was times like these that I missed Elizabeth. For all that I loved Kore, I still had two mates, and I sure missed my dark-haired and possessive firecracker of a mate right then. Her ability to wrap me up in her arms never failed to sooth my mind when it was flustered. It was somewhat strange, because looking at the two of them inside my head, they couldn't be more different to me. For all her explosive power and ferociously, Elizabeth loves slowly and is loud and all over the place about it, while Kore........Kore knew that she wanted me from the beginning and she wouldn't take no for an answer, yet she loves so quietly, almost hesitantly at first. But their strange difference in personalities only seemed to compliment me in the end.

With a resigned sigh I plopped down on the couch and as I thought a little bit more on the topic, snorted in amusement. Their only hobby besides fucking me, was killing things.