Chapter Five: Visit

Momota's POV:

"Momota you better not be lying to me again you hear me" Maki threatened, we were talking on the phone again because she still couldn't get the money to visit me. It was sad, but we decided never to bring it up much if we could"Maki Roll I promised I wouldn't remember! I'm telling one hundred percent of the truth for now on to you, ok?" I assured.

"That's what you said last time..." Maki mumbled, "I know, and I'm sorry I did that...but I won't do that to you again" I promised, "yeah but what you're telling me is unlikely and you know that," Maki told me, "what? Me telling you I'm going to come over for your graduation? That isn't a lie!" I insisted.

"Sure it isn't...just focus on getting better alright? Don't you dare be pulling any funny buisness you hear me?" she threatened, "yes ma'am" I answered, a tiny bit of fear at the idea of what would happen if I snuck out and she figured out.

I could hear a conversation Maki was having in the background, and a bit later she just sighed "I have to go, I'll call you tomorrow ok?" she told me, "ok! Love you Maki Roll" I told her smiling, "love you too" she mumbled, "I love you who?" I teased.

I could hear her groan as she muttered out, "love you, space boy..." she forced out, "of course! How could I forget, talk to you tomorrow!" I told her, and Maki hung up. I sighed as I leaned back bored, grabbing the pills the nurse had delivered yesterday and the glass of water.

I hope this doesn't make me nauseous again...that sucked.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

Huh? I turned over to the clock at my desk, it was late and visiting hours were nearly over, my grandparents had already visited today so it definently wasn't them and the nurses wouldn't be coming for another hour at least...

"Come in" I called, and my eyes widened as it was opened by a nurse with a boy next to her...

Ouma rolled in before the nurse shut the door on us. He could've convinced me he wasn't blind with the clear eye contact he made with me, he didn't say anything but I could tell things had changed with him. His posture was more relaxed than the stiff and reserved one he had before and he wasn't wearing his headphones and looked like he was taking care of himself now.

He looked healthy, happy even.

I grinned, "you could've told me you were visiting you know?" I told him, he looked down, "sorry..." he apologized making my eyes widened. He's talking...I mean the last time was...

"Hey, are you doing ok?" I asked him nodded, 'Saihara is nice to me, it's been ok' he told me, 'but he's being an idiot like you, just a few days ago he showed me an anime and asked me why couldn't I appreciate the art style' Ouma joked, "are you serious?" I asked laughing a little, 'he's an idiot like you sometimes' Ouma admitted. I just laughed.

"I'm glad, kind of surprised you visited though, who took you here? Don't tell me you went by yourself" I asked. 'Saihara took me, he's out in the waiting room' Ouma answered, 'Harukawa told us where you were, so...' Ouma drew out and then stopped. He seemed shy, but this was still the most we have talked for years.

"I told him," Ouma said, my eyes widened, "you told him?" I asked Ouma nodded, 'he asked and I did...everything that happened...everything...I was scared to actually, I never had to put it to words before...but...it was nice I think...relieving? I don't know or understand but I do know one thing' he started as he looked at me, his eyes were hinting at tears.

'It wouldn't have happened without you, Momota..thank you...thank you for saving me, again and again, every single time I tried to die, thank you for visiting me all those times, for just asking me how I was even though I didn't talk back then, and even though I was a brat to you for all those years...thank you...thank you for not giving up on me even when everyone else did' Ouma signed before he gave me a sad smile.

"I d-don't know i-if I'm o-ok still b-being alive...if i-it's ok to b-be happy t-to be a-alive...b-but...I d-don't w-want to d-die...I w-want to s-see what the f-future m-might have f-for someone l-like me...t-thank you...Momota" he praised, his smile....it was so wide and I hadn't seen a smile like that in a long time.

"Thank you for living," I said, "I don't know if I say this enough but I'm glad you lived that day, I'm glad you trusted me, and I'm glad you and me eventually became friends even under those circumstances..." I told him.

"Thank you...for being alive"