Weekend Getaway

Things have been quiet the last couple days. I would wake up, drive my bike to Sweet Pea's trailer, breakfast at Pop's, school, head home, homework, taking care of Kurtz (the hedgehog lmao), repeat. 

It was too quiet. Everything was too normal. This was the quiet before the storm. I knew that it would strike twice as hard as the silence.

I had to prepare myself but to be honest, I didn't know how.

Maybe I was overthinking. Maybe this was the new norm. Maybe I didn't have to worry anymore.

That is until, Archie and Veronica rounded up Jughead, Betty, Sweet Pea and I.

They described a weekend get away. It'd just be the six of us without chaperones and disturbances. It sounded fun and maybe it would be. 

I was being too paranoid. This is the prime age of my life. I should have fun and so I agreed.

"So what do you think, (Y/N), Sweet Pea, Jughead?"

"It sounds amazing as long as it's fine with Father Lodge."

My brother steps in, "Mr. Lodge actually suggested it."

Interesting. 

"Well, then, cue the dueling banjos." Jughead comes up with the weirdest saying that I never understand a word of.

We all smile and he continues, saying something about how it'll be a good chance for him to write another chapter for his novel.

"The point of this luxury weekend is to relax and unplug."

Cheryl walks in, interrupting. "'Luxury' and 'weekend' two of my favorite words. So, where are we going, and how extravagant a wardrobe should I pack?"

"You're not invited, Iracebeth." I snark, looking up at her.

"What (Y/N) means is, it's kind of a romantic, couples-only weekend."

"I see. Of course. My mistake. Well, have fun with your romances. And, (Y/N)? I hope your first born child is a reincarnate of the devil himself."

I laugh, "don't we all."

She rolls her eyes and walks away with her useless tiny red backpack that could barely hold anything. Fashionable my ass.

Sweet Pea looks over at me smirking.

"What? You wanna start something? The only reason you're going is cause I'm here."

He stops his laugh, trying to refrain himself from angering me anymore.

Across the room we hear a "I mean I could always go with you instead!"

I shout back, "Fuck off, Mantle."

"Woowee looks like someone's on her period." My boyfriend chuckles to himself.

The look of horror on both Betty and Veronica's face as they know what would happen if the same was said to them.

I inhale. Hold it. Exhale. "For a matter of fact, I am not on my period. You are just angering me and I have too much built up energy. I am calm. I am collected. If I hear another word out of your mouth, you are not making it to this weekend."

"I know how you can release your stored up energy, girly Andrews."

I swear to god that Mantle wants to die one of these days.

I walk up confidently to him, look him in the eyes, and take the heel of my ripped up shoes and kick it right into his knees.

I walk away, going to my next class as if I cared and heard the commotion from the lounge.