Cheers to New Friends

I finally walked home, leaving Archie at school to be met with dad. He was humming and singing parts of an oldies song. He was probably making himself lunch.

"Hey dad!" I went over to hug him to be met with a butcher knife.

He lowered his weapon to see it was me. "Jesus (y/n). What's wrong? What are you doing at home?"

I explained everything except the locker room part. He didn't seem angry yet his voice was laced with it. "Why the hell would you do that? You should've just signed it (y/n)! For Godsakes! The only other school is in the Southside!"

"Ehh... okay. I would have Jughead at least. I could start over."

He looked at me in disbelief, I didn't really care.

He went to go back to his cooking and made me a plate as well. I checked my phone completely forgetting about the recording until the moment. I decided to send it Jughead.

J=Jughead Y=(y/n)

Y: Hey Jug, thought this could possibly help you with your story.

Y:BTW, we're gonna be hanging out a lot more. :))

J: What the hell? How'd you get expelled?

Y: Long story short, the video... and being a smartass ^~^

J: -______-

~ TIME SKIP ~

B=Betty Y=(y/n)

B: Hey (y/n)

Y: What's up Betts?

B: Are you down for a little code cracking party with Jug, Kev, and Toni?

Y: Who the hell is Toni?

B: A friend...

Y: sure I have nothing better to do especially since I don't have school

I raced over to my closet and put on my hoodie, a pair of jeans, and grabbed my Lord Nermal skateboard.

I placed my earbuds in, bringing nothing but my phone.

D=Dad Y=(y/n)

Y: Dad I'll be with Betty and Jug for a couple hours

D: That's fine, you probably left already didn't you?

Y: Yep, Thanks!

When arriving there, I was met with three familiar faces and an unknown one.

"Well, introduce me assholes," I whispered to Jug and Kevin

Betty looked too concentrated to bother.

"Toni, this is (y/n),"

"You look familiar..."

"Ah, yes. I was featured in my dumbass brother's Blue Triangle club thing. I thought they were taking an orgy pic so I photobombed them. Also, you better get used to me. I was expelled from Riverdale High."

"Hm, I like her."

I rolled my eyes. I am not a thing to be liked. I don't care.

We sat back down to hear Betty talk for the first since I was there, "These symbols look so familiar to me. It's like I've seen them before and it's driving me crazy I can't figure out where."

I went back to looking at the paper and raking my mind for possible things it could be to hear, " Maybe if you loosened your ponytail." Toni said looking up. "What? That was a joke, guys."

Jug, Kevin, and I smirked. "Betty's ponytail is iconic and beyond reproach."

"Kev... It's fine. And at this point I'm willing to try anything."

Betty pulled her scrunchie from her hair and my heart broke... THE PONYTAIL!!

"Jug, if you don't appreciate Betts, I will end you," I smiled up at him

I once again zone out. "We know the Hood's obsessed with cleaning the town of sinners and hypocrites, right? And he seem to be attacking anyone with ties to the Northside."

"OH NO! The Hood's gonna be after me you guys! I stole Dad's sandwich and blamed it on Archie! Protect mehhh KEV!" I ran up and sat on Kevin's lap. He hugged me consoling my weird antics and chuckled with Jughead.

The two other girls ignore us and bicker..

"Here we go with the fake news again. You Northsiders and your privilege. All you do is demonize the Southshide so of couse you think the Black Hood's from there."

"It's not demonizing, Toni. It's stating facts. There's way more drugs and gangs and..."

"The drugs you mean which were sold primarily to Northside crackheads? And what about the Northside Neo-Nazis?

"The Red Circle"

I cut in, "The Blue Triangles..."

"The Red Psychos, you mean. No offense (y/n). Hell, Betty, I'm surprised you haven't just come out and said it yet."

"Said what?"

"That you the Black Hood's a Serpent. We all know how much you hate us."

"Okay, Toni." Jughead said to ease the tension you could cut in the air.

"I don't hate the Serpents."

"Oh, yeah? Then why is it that your boyfriend here lies about the fact that he sits with us at lunch?"

Kev and I whisper to each other that we should go. "Erm, we're gonna go."

"Yeah, you know what? I'm gonna get outta here, too."

"Okay, we'll walk you home."

"Or you can walk us home.."

The walk out of there is quiet. Toni was trailers away from Jug so she was gone a long time ago. Kevin and I whisper about why the two despise each other so much.

~~~
Word Count: 844